Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 28-01-16, 03:57 PM
News Guru

LG 34" 34UC98 with a 3440x1440 resolution and FreeSync Support

LG 34" 34UC98 with a 3440x1440 resolution, an IPS panel and FreeSync Support. Sadly the FreeSync range is a rather unimpressive 55-75Hz.

Read more on LG's 34" 34UC98 3440x1440 FreeSync monitor.

Old 28-01-16, 10:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Whilst the sync range is less than ideal the number of monitors supporting it is pushing me further towards the red corner for my next GPU.

I quite like the LG panels I've seen so far and yeah they may not be the best for twitch fps gaming they would suit me just fine. I'm slow and I like car and flight sims.

20 Hz doesn't sound like a lot of variance but I would suggest it would be enough to notice a smoother experience. It caps out at 75 but that's the max anyway and frame drops or variances of 5-10 or even 15 would be unnoticeable.

I don't routinely watch my FPS but when I do (I see a meme here) they usualy only vary up or down by a few with occasional massive drops/spikes that usually only occur during cut scenes or menu transitions.

I haven't used free or G sync so not sure whether you can do a combination of Vsync and Free/G so the GPU only outputs between the monitors sync range. I imagine this would push up input lag or latency whatever the proper term is.

Old 28-01-16, 10:40 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Well since its classified as a professional monitor the freesync range is less important. They should not have any issues at all at that range but a gamer would depending on game type. It's definitely not a FPS monitor though, I'd say a RTS/RPG better suits it