Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-01-16, 11:52 AM
News Guru

Deepcool GENOME chassis with Integrated 360mm AIO Water cooler

Ever wanted 360mm radiator support out of the box? How about a case that includes a 360mm radiator out of the box?

Read more on the Deepcool Genome case with an integrated 360mm AIO water cooler.

Old 08-01-16, 12:02 PM
OC3D Elite

TTL will be happy cause there is a white version

It's a very interesting case
Old 08-01-16, 12:06 PM
OC3D Elite

To me the selling point of this case would already be the GPU mount that currently no other case does without modding it.

I think they shouldn't sell it with the cooler so people have freedom of which cooler they want to use in it.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 08-01-16, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

If your going to sacrifice user choice then you need to offset that with a practical gain like spatial efficiency or performance. This is too big and offers no real advantage over just buying an EK Predator and a case IMO. If someone finds it hard to purchase a case with 360mm radiator support they should probably consider not building a PC.

If the concept was we have made a case that integrates the performance of a 360mm rad but because it's permanently fixed it's more compact than any other case that would support this level of hardware then I see an advantage.

JR
Old 08-01-16, 01:03 PM
OC3D Elite

So you mount the GPU sideways putting the GPU's fan up against a solid window. Good idea ! I will remember that the next time I want my GPUs to overheat.

I quite like the look of it but I can already spot some glaring flaws. As also mentioned on Twitter, what happens if you want to SLI?

Shame really. I love the curly res in the front. Price doesn't seem that bad either.

Old 08-01-16, 01:51 PM
OC3D Elite

^To be fair, my 760 reference cooler has always run like that in my Phenom against the side panel with a single intake fan and it never exceeded 80 C at 1200MHz. It's really not that bad.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 08-01-16, 02:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
^To be fair, my 760 reference cooler has always run like that in my Phenom against the side panel with a single intake fan and it never exceeded 80 C at 1200MHz. It's really not that bad.
That's actually very hot for a 760 dude. Even my 670 Jetstreams used to run in the 70s.

Old 08-01-16, 02:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
That's actually very hot for a 760 dude. Even my 670 Jetstreams used to run in the 70s.
GPU Boost 2.0 actually just keeps overclocking it until it reaches 80 C so every card with it goes to 80, which is a very safe temperature since it's only around 95 you need to worry on these cards. The stock clocks were about 1050MHz.

Also, you are comparing a reference cooled card in an ITX enclosure with one 5v intake fan to an aftermarket cooled one, clearly there is going to be a difference silly

Old 08-01-16, 02:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
GPU Boost 2.0 actually just keeps overclocking it until it reaches 80 C so every card with it goes to 80, which is a very safe temperature since it's only around 95 you need to worry on these cards. The stock clocks were about 1050MHz.

Also, you are comparing a reference cooled card in an ITX enclosure with one 5v intake fan to an aftermarket cooled one, clearly there is going to be a difference silly
Yes but mine were in SLI, dude.

Old 08-01-16, 02:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yes but mine were in SLI, dude.
You had some nice temps then, but 80 is definitely more than acceptable on a mid-range or higher videocard when its clockspeeds are boosted.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic now, the point was that while the card would maybe run slightly warmer placed like that, I do not believe the difference would be big enough for anyone to really care.