Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-11-15, 12:00 PM
News Guru

AMD Radeon Software Crimson - Overview and testing

Let's have a look at AMD's new Radeon Software Crimson Drivers. What does it add and does it give us more performance?

Read more on AMD's Radeon Software Crimson Drivers.

Old 24-11-15, 12:16 PM
too many shrooms

looks like they have done a fantastic job, lets hope they can keep it up and turn around the public opinion.
Old 24-11-15, 12:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
So seeing as i have a 295X2 it was only fair i did some initial testing

3DMark Pre-Crimson

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9406494?

3DMark Crimson

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9406650?

Clicking the 3dmark links below each image will show you what specs/clocks im running, if anyone would like me to try some games, ask and if i have them ill try them.
Old 24-11-15, 12:42 PM
OC3D Elite

'Radeon Software Crimson'? It's just awkward to say, the lack of grammar and eloquence has immediately cheapened their efforts, as always. Surely anyone in the English speaking world would change that to Radeon Crimson Software before presenting their new idea to anyone remotely resembling management. Will AMD ever manage to finish one thing as well as they started it before they die. It even looks quite good, and tasteful, with some very practical features but.... uhhh AMD, I can't watch.

JR
Old 24-11-15, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
'Radeon Software Crimson'? It's just awkward to say, the lack of grammar and eloquence has immediately cheapened their efforts, as always. Surely anyone in the English speaking world would change that to Radeon Crimson Software before presenting their new idea to anyone remotely resembling management. Will AMD ever manage to finish one thing as well as they started it before they die. It even looks quite good, and tasteful, with some very practical features but.... uhhh AMD, I can't watch.

JR
To someone never bother to read, of course it sounds awkward or cheap.

Radeon Software is the name of the package and Crimson being the name of the major revision which is getting change as they release more updates and we might see Radeon Software Scarlet Edition or Radeon Software Ruby Edition in the future and that definitely makes more sense than changing the name of the software suite for every release.
Old 24-11-15, 01:13 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
So seeing as i have a 295X2 it was only fair i did some initial testing

3DMark Pre-Crimson

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9406494?

3DMark Crimson

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9406650?

Clicking the 3dmark links below each image will show you what specs/clocks im running, if anyone would like me to try some games, ask and if i have them ill try them.
IT's OVER 9000!!!

Old 24-11-15, 01:16 PM
OC3D Crew

Well i have just instaled this and i cant find a dam thing, cant even find where to oc my card in it and it thinks i only have 3 games out of the 90+ i have on the drives lol so i dont find it too simple + the writing is so dam small i have to push my face 6in from the monitor.

So much for simple or easy.

Edit just loaded up fallout to try it and i no longer have a ocd pipboy map it strobes on and off...anyone know where i can get the old driver AMD dosent let you go back on there site.

Thanks AMD lol

Old 24-11-15, 03:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah Fallout 4 performance has tanked for me too, attempting to put the beta back on.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 24-11-15, 03:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
i too have problems with Fallout, but i wasnt sure if it was the Fallout Beta or the drivers....
Old 24-11-15, 03:14 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
i too have problems with Fallout, but i wasnt sure if it was the Fallout Beta or the drivers....
I've had no issues playing fallout on these drivers, and I have had the driver over the weekend for testing. It is likely the beta update, which is a bit weird.