Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 23-11-15, 09:30 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,840
EIZO FORIS FS2735 FreeSync Monitor has two FreeSync Ranges

The EIZO FORIS FS2735 1440p 144Hz FreeSync Monitor has two FreeSync Ranges/modes, allowing the user to choose between a range of 35-90Hz or 56-144Hz.



Read more on Eizo's Foris FS2735 FreeSync monitor, with a user defined FreeSync range.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-11-15, 06:48 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,684
Wow scalar technology has come a long way as well as IPS panels. An IPS panel capable of 144hz? That's a first iirc(outside of Gsync scalar modules) and supports Freesync. Quite an achievement.

Though while this is great that it has options for either, I still feel it'd be rather annoying to constantly change the refresh rate. It'd be better if it was based off .exe files and would auto detect which refresh rate to change too using a profile system or something of the sort. Like for instance people who play LoL would prefer the 144hz preset due to it's low complexity, while others playing say GTA,Syndicate, Witcher 3, etc, would prefer the "low" preset because they more than likely won't be hitting over 90FPS with a resolution of 1440p. While doing this would be amazing i'm not sure if it's even possible:/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-11-15, 08:01 AM
xnax2802's Avatar
xnax2802 xnax2802 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 456
From a production/sales PoV, what's the advantage of implementing two scalers instead of a full range one? Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Wow scalar technology has come a long way as well as IPS panels. An IPS panel capable of 144hz? That's a first iirc(outside of Gsync scalar modules) and supports Freesync. Quite an achievement.
The ASUS MG279Q is a 1440p IPS panel capable of 144hz as well
__________________
"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring" -Commander Shepard
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-11-15, 06:58 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnax2802 View Post
From a production/sales PoV, what's the advantage of implementing two scalers instead of a full range one? Price?



The ASUS MG279Q is a 1440p IPS panel capable of 144hz as well
Ah you are right the Asus is. I don't think it's 30-144 though. If it is then wow where have I been I want that
This Eizo monitor is probably not using a scalar that's as quick so it supports two different modes. The Asus is probably using a more expensive/quicker one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-11-15, 08:17 PM
xnax2802's Avatar
xnax2802 xnax2802 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Ah you are right the Asus is. I don't think it's 30-144 though. If it is then wow where have I been I want that
This Eizo monitor is probably not using a scalar that's as quick so it supports two different modes. The Asus is probably using a more expensive/quicker one.
The FS range on the ASUS is 35-90, I believe
__________________
"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring" -Commander Shepard
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-11-15, 08:48 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnax2802 View Post
The FS range on the ASUS is 35-90, I believe
Its advertising itself as 144 though?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-11-15, 11:08 PM
xnax2802's Avatar
xnax2802 xnax2802 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Its advertising itself as 144 though?
It's the same as this, but without the "high" scaler; a 144 Hz panel with a FS range of 35-90 Hz It also says that on ASUS' website, so I don't know if you're confusing it with something else maybe?
__________________
"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring" -Commander Shepard
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-11-15, 12:28 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnax2802 View Post
It's the same as this, but without the "high" scaler; a 144 Hz panel with a FS range of 35-90 Hz It also says that on ASUS' website, so I don't know if you're confusing it with something else maybe?
Meh who knows, was early in the morning
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.