Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 15-11-15, 07:32 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,942
Corsair GTX980 Ti Hydro GFX Graphics Card Review



What if you want all the benefits of water-cooling your graphics card, but don't have the skills to do so? Corsair have just the thing...


Corsair GTX980 Ti Hydro GFX Graphics Card Review

__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-11-15, 08:54 PM
RisaFujiyama's Avatar
RisaFujiyama RisaFujiyama is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Johore, Malaysia
Posts: 36
I wonder if the warranty is voided if we take off the cooler and customise the top of the pump, I kinda curious.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-11-15, 09:15 PM
BigDaddyKong's Avatar
BigDaddyKong BigDaddyKong is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,086
That shroud looks like a piece of Lego kit. I don't care for the clear, I would rather have seen a nice Corsair logo on the back plate along with an MSI logo.
__________________
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX850-H110i-MSI 1070-Coolermast H500-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-11-15, 02:50 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Is there anything (other than warranty) to stop you attaching any Corsair AIO?
Or in fact any other brand? I'm guessing you weren't allowed to take the thing apart Tom? but did you notice anything that made the pump or mount look Original or modified to specifically fit this GPU?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-11-15, 03:00 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Is there anything (other than warranty) to stop you attaching any Corsair AIO?
Or in fact any other brand? I'm guessing you weren't allowed to take the thing apart Tom? but did you notice anything that made the pump or mount look Original or modified to specifically fit this GPU?
The do sell the N980 block anyways so I would assume that it is loosely based on that
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-11-15, 12:13 PM
Aftershock Aftershock is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Looks like an awesome card. I was considering the EVGA 980Ti Hybrid which I do prefer the look of, but this one seems to achieve better clocks.

Its just a pitty no-one has seen fit to do these Hybrid cards with 2*8pin power supplies and a dual bios.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-11-15, 12:22 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Looks like an awesome card. I was considering the EVGA 980Ti Hybrid which I do prefer the look of, but this one seems to achieve better clocks.

Its just a pitty no-one has seen fit to do these Hybrid cards with 2*8pin power supplies and a dual bios.
Clocks will always be a mix of ability and silicone lottery dude
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-11-15, 02:42 PM
Aftershock Aftershock is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Yes I agree, but if we are right in assuming these have been carefully Selected by corsair, it would be nice to see if there would be any more headroom in it when not limited by the normal 110% power limit.

Maybe there isn't anymore headroom in it and that's why they haven't bothered.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-11-15, 03:26 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Yes I agree, but if we are right in assuming these have been carefully Selected by corsair, it would be nice to see if there would be any more headroom in it when not limited by the normal 110% power limit.

Maybe there isn't anymore headroom in it and that's why they haven't bothered.

This is a stonking clock for any card on ambient cooling dude. Id be happy with any card that did over 1450 24/7 tbh
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-12-15, 10:57 PM
Cigarjohn's Avatar
Cigarjohn Cigarjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylania, United States
Posts: 103
Question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisaFujiyama View Post
I wonder if the warranty is voided if we take off the cooler and customise the top of the pump, I kinda curious.
I know from talking to EVGA, they will still warranty their cards if you remove the air cooling and install a water cooling block on their cards. Though, if the card needs to be sent back in for repairs, you need to rebuild the card to the exact specs as when you purchased it.

MSI, I don't know. You might want to call them and find out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.