Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-11-15, 02:11 PM
News Guru

Fallout 4 DLC Being Teased By Todd Howard

Fallout 4 DLC is being teased by Todd Howard, there will be "a lot of DLC" and the season pass will be a very affordable $30.

Read more on Fallout 4's DLC plans.

Old 14-11-15, 06:21 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Couple days old and DLC already on the way... sigh:/
I still find it funny they offer a season pass but won't disclose what the DLC is.
Old 14-11-15, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Couple days old and DLC already on the way... sigh:/
I still find it funny they offer a season pass but won't disclose what the DLC is.
Why do you find that funny? That's the entire point of season passes. They exist solely to decrease the risk of doing business by making people pay in advance for something they might not even like when they get it. It's the same reason pre-orders exist. None of that stuff exists to serve the user. It serves the developers and publishers.
Old 15-11-15, 06:28 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Why do you find that funny? That's the entire point of season passes. They exist solely to decrease the risk of doing business by making people pay in advance for something they might not even like when they get it. It's the same reason pre-orders exist. None of that stuff exists to serve the user. It serves the developers and publishers.
It's funny because they haven't told you what you are buying. You are handing them money and not knowing what you are getting in return. For all you know it could just be weapon packs and skins, don't think anyone would have wanted to spend the amount they are asking for when it's simple weapons and skins.. mods can do all that. Obviously yes that is why they and preorders exist.. that's common sense, I wasn't debating the business side of it. Was just stating it's funny that they are talking about DLC and not disclosing it's content but still asking people for money in the form of a season pass. Kinda of shady imo. Wouldn't mind it if they told you what at the very least you would be getting, kinda how CDPR did with there season pass for the Witcher 3. You knew what the content was and could make a better informed decision way way in advance of them even coming out.
Old 15-11-15, 04:39 PM
too many shrooms

Quote:
It's funny because they haven't told you what you are buying. You are handing them money and not knowing what you are getting in return. For all you know it could just be weapon packs and skins, don't think anyone would have wanted to spend the amount they are asking for when it's simple weapons and skins.. mods can do all that. Obviously yes that is why they and preorders exist.. that's common sense, I wasn't debating the business side of it. Was just stating it's funny that they are talking about DLC and not disclosing it's content but still asking people for money in the form of a season pass. Kinda of shady imo. Wouldn't mind it if they told you what at the very least you would be getting, kinda how CDPR did with there season pass for the Witcher 3. You knew what the content was and could make a better informed decision way way in advance of them even coming out.
sorry dude but Bethesda don't need to tell me what DLC they have coming, because if its anything like Fallout 3's DLC it will be awesome
Old 15-11-15, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Don't you save money with a season pass as opposed to buying DLC separately? It's the risk you take for a better deal.
Old 16-11-15, 01:16 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Don't you save money with a season pass as opposed to buying DLC separately? It's the risk you take for a better deal.
You do save money, that part you can't argue against but still you are handing money over and not knowing you are really investing in. It's a pretty big risk and not something I would do without knowing what it is.
Old 16-11-15, 03:35 AM
OC3D Elite

well DLC i can wait for..
so i wont buy a season pass or a dlc on launch.

I will thoroughly play the game through to the end possibly a few times if there is a reason to do so (like there was and still is with new vegas)
so by the time i buy the dlc's you will probably be able to buy the game and all the dlc's as one pack for 1/2 the price the game alone was originally..

So season pass.. not for me.
Honestly i dont usually pre order but as it was fallout 4 i had to have it pre loaded and ready to go on release.

im some where around 40 game play hours in so far. and just started looking for the rail road ppl. got a bit side tracked with my settlements and building defenses and farms, and doing little side quests. (actually i'm not even looking for the rail road ppl. instead im helping a companion do something they want to do instead, i figured id probably stumble upon more stuff like that rather than just go A-B.)
Soo really i think i have enough life left in the game not to be worried about DLC for a while yet.
Although it is on the hardest setting it has, and whilst the enemys do seem a bit tougher than other fallout games on the hardest settings *they seem to have very high perception*
The overall surviving part is easier. and bullets are expensive.. But readily available. Soo kinda a bit dissapointed that there is no hardcore mode, because without it i can carry a billion stim packs and 1000 quintillion bullets for everything and none of it weighs a thing.
hard core mode forced you to make decisions. thats without not having to eat drink or sleep..
Still very enjoyable so far.

looks like i just started yammering on about fallout itself sorry about that.
Old 16-11-15, 12:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Not bought this yet. Not sure I want to either, not knowing what exactly it is they're offering. Bit of a raffle really...

I will wait and see what they come up with. If any of the DLC are as good as Point Lookout then I will likely be in.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly