Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-11-15, 09:35 AM
News Guru

The Witcher Movie Coming in 2017

A movie for The Witcher series is Coming in 2017, but won't be a straight adaptation of any of the novels or games.

Read more on The Witcher Movie.

Old 06-11-15, 10:23 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Because all game to movie franchises always work so well. Such potential to make a film, but I will be honest, they shouldn't bother.
Old 06-11-15, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Because all game to movie franchises always work so well. Such potential to make a film, but I will be honest, they shouldn't bother.
Maybe read the article before posting. It's not related to video games. It's an adaptation of short stories. Meaning they're adapting the books.
Old 06-11-15, 01:23 PM
Bettyswollocks

So long as they use a studio that's capable of bringing the universe to life in the correct way it should be a winner but they decide to use The Sean Daniel Company , then we have the inherent elephant in the room "Who do you cast as Geralt"? or Jennifer, Triss or Ciri, also CD Project Red not being involved is a little concerning.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 06-11-15, 01:35 PM

It's got nothing to do with games. The Witcher is a licensed property. It doesn't belong to CDPR. They just have the license to make the games, that's it. There's no reason for them to be involved in making a movie adaptation of the books. And it's better that they're not involved. I don't want this to be in any way related to video games. This is an entirely separate thing from the games and it should be treated as such.
Old 06-11-15, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
It's got nothing to do with games. The Witcher is a licensed property. It doesn't belong to CDPR. They just have the license to make the games, that's it. There's no reason for them to be involved in making a movie adaptation of the books. And it's better that they're not involved. I don't want this to be in any way related to video games. This is an entirely separate thing from the games and it should be treated as such.
It's unfortunate many of the public will not make the same correlation, I could see this being potentially damaging for CDPR, without them no one in hollywood would care about this IP and if it turns out to be stinker I could see people disregarding the games outright.