Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 30-10-15, 04:12 PM
The Guvnor

Batman: Arkham Knight AMD vs Nvidia Performance Review

Let's have a look at Batman: Arkham Knight's performance with AMD's R9 Fury X and Nvidia's GTX 980Ti

Batman: Arkham Knight AMD vs Nvidia Performance Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 30-10-15, 05:36 PM
The Webmaster

silly question, did you fully close and reload the game after changing settings between low/medium/high/very-high etc and not just for gameworks ?
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 30-10-15, 06:02 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
silly question, did you fully close and reload the game after changing settings between low/medium/high/very-high etc and not just for gameworks ?
Yeah, that is why many of the screenshots can be recognised as game quick save locations in the early sections of the game.

The biggest difference in most of the games settings seem to mainly be changing VRAM consumption, which is really high in this game when you crank the settings up. With everything enabled it can almost use 4GB at 1080p.
Old 30-10-15, 06:10 PM
OC3D Elite

the fact that you mention that close up objects stay relatively the same when adjusting gfx settings points firmly to them being the same textures used on the consoles (consoles usually have everything that's close looking nice as it is what is mostly noticed )
this is pretty disappointing to me as it makes me think that the graphics quality is only at the same lvl as say the ps4 version. with only draw distance LOD being controlled by gfx settings.
to me that is lazy work, i was really looking forward to this game and almost pre ordered but i was short on money. now after the botched release and from reading the mini review/comparison i think i will leave it untill its £4.99 in a steam sale.
Old 30-10-15, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Excellent write up Mark !

I have my fingers crossed.. I'll try this tomorrow and see if it's been fixed. It was awful before. I got to the car scene and it was just bombing FPS wise to around 12 @ 4k.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old 30-10-15, 09:53 PM
OC3D Crew

I dont know Digital Foundry says the new update is still a bag of **** needing a 980ti just to play the thing is a poor show tbh
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis
Old 30-10-15, 09:58 PM

Hahahaha what surprise it is playable on most expensive gpu-s on planet ahahaha very nice nvidia marketing exclude optimisation for older cards and force people to upgrade to latest gpu-s and to use bruteforce horsepower to play this junk game...same was happend with metro 2033 back in 2010 that game has annihilated gtx 400 and 500 series it was unplayable, same as Cryostasis 2009 year game after 4-5 years is playable now on high end hardware...pure scam and long term business strategy with developers poor coding is profitable..you need to give 700-1200 eur on fricking card piece of silicon and plastic to play unoptimised game yea right..meanwhile Mad Max and Metal Gear solid V latest games are flying maxed out on 3-4 years old cards no problem game is greatly optimised
Palit NVidia GTS 450 1GB 128 bit 930 MHz OC
Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WD® Caviar Blue 1TB
Cooler Master™ GX 750W PSU
Old 30-10-15, 10:02 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Excellent write up Mark !

I have my fingers crossed.. I'll try this tomorrow and see if it's been fixed. It was awful before. I got to the car scene and it was just bombing FPS wise to around 12 @ 4k.

You should be fine as most of the really bad issues crop up when users do not have enough RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
I dont know Digital Foundry says the new update is still a bag of **** needing a 980ti just to play the thing is a poor show tbh
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis
Sadly I was only able to test what on what hardware I personally own, so sadly I was unable to test anything lower end.

The port still has major flaws, especially on Windows 10 with the whole 12GB of ram problem, but with ram so cheap these days that is easy enough to address. Remember that Battlefront recommends 16 and most games now recommend at least 8.
Old 31-10-15, 12:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Nice write up, shame you need such brute force to this game, i know you mentioned about Nvidia Optimisation, one could argue that due to the consoles being AMD they got much better optimisation, which is why a game optimised for Nvidia barely got 1-2% over the competitors card.
Also that game works just looks broken lol... talking about a way to nerf a game.
Old 31-10-15, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember300 View Post
Nice write up, shame you need such brute force to this game, i know you mentioned about Nvidia Optimisation, one could argue that due to the consoles being AMD they got much better optimisation, which is why a game optimised for Nvidia barely got 1-2% over the competitors card.
Also that game works just looks broken lol... talking about a way to nerf a game.
We all know that nvidia is using PS4 unified memory as excuse, and game developers are bribed in contracts with gpu-s and money with nvidia to release vram hungry unoptimized ports....everything is in optimisation...Witcher 3 is amazing game and using 1+gb vram only, meawhile some other games are eating tons of vram..i al also expecting that incoming DX12 games and UE4 based dx12 games will be extremely vram demanding and they will eat tons of vram, there are reasons why nvidia pascal and amd arctic island will have double vram capacity..and all those maxwell cards such as gtx 980 ti will be gimped because of 6 gb vram very quick next year....its business there are 1 percent of games which are greatly optimised such as Metal Gear solid V ,and Mad Max..and you already have Lords Of The Fallen and he eats 8 gb vram..i am waiting for amd next gen gpu with at least 8 gb vram to buy..nvidia is not my choice because of driver gimping and fiascos greetings
Palit NVidia GTS 450 1GB 128 bit 930 MHz OC
Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
WD® Caviar Blue 1TB
Cooler Master™ GX 750W PSU