Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 01-09-15, 11:47 AM
News Guru

Steam adds Mad Max Movie Franchise to the service

Steam has added the whole Mad Max Movie Franchise to the platform. Is Steam moving to become a store for more than just games?

Read more on the Mad Max movies being added to Steam.

Old 01-09-15, 11:33 PM
OC3D Elite

I wonder how they get around content restriction (classifications)? I know with some games it basically asks
- are you over 18?
- yes
- here you go then.
Whereas a physical storefront is supposed to ask for i.d.
Not specific to Steam I guess as you could enter your birthdate for any content delivery service as to what you want. Especially with Paypal and Debit cards being used for payments.

I think it's a logical step though with so many distribution services already to include movies. No reason iTunes or Google Play can't include full PC games.

Is it locked to an account and playing through Steam in some way or can you make a copy for your iPad etc? Will be interesting to see how it works.

Old 02-09-15, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I wonder how they get around content restriction (classifications)? I know with some games it basically asks
- are you over 18?
- yes
- here you go then.
Whereas a physical storefront is supposed to ask for i.d.
Not specific to Steam I guess as you could enter your birthdate for any content delivery service as to what you want. Especially with Paypal and Debit cards being used for payments.

I think it's a logical step though with so many distribution services already to include movies. No reason iTunes or Google Play can't include full PC games.

Is it locked to an account and playing through Steam in some way or can you make a copy for your iPad etc? Will be interesting to see how it works.
How does it work with Amazon? You can even order alcohol, nevermind DVDs without a proper age check right?
Old 02-09-15, 10:19 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
How does it work with Amazon? You can even order alcohol, nevermind DVDs without a proper age check right?
Yeah that's why it's interesting. I guess they say they're covered by the 'click or sign that you're over 18' due diligence.
No system would be foolproof. Something I hadn't thought of before tho. I know some games were blocked for sale in Aus as we had no 18+ rating