Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 27-08-15, 02:14 PM
News Guru

Fable Legends will be a Windows 10 Store exclusive

Fable Legends will be a Windows 10 Store exclusive. So much for "not intending to compete with Steam".

Read more on Fable Legends being a Windows 10 Store Exclusive.

Old 27-08-15, 02:16 PM
OC3D Crew

Well i will never upgrade to NSA-10 so i will never play it them lol
Old 27-08-15, 02:29 PM

Sorry but I Totally disagree with this statement.

Quote:
This means that gamers may have to keep track of yet another library of games, which can get very annoying for many gamers.
It would actually make it easier since all it requires in your Microsoft login and no 3rd party apps or programs.

Just think if you have to format windows soon as you boot up all your apps/games library is ready to go.

Not Hating on steam but this is a good move for gamers as it will push Microsoft in a good direction.

We all remember what a fail Windows Live gaming app was xD
Old 27-08-15, 02:37 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevy21 View Post
Sorry but I Totally disagree with this statement.

It would actually make it easier since all it requires in your Microsoft login and no 3rd party apps or programs.

Just think if you have to format windows soon as you boot up all your apps/games library is ready to go.

Not Hating on steam but this is a good move for gamers as it will push Microsoft in a good direction.

We all remember what a fail Windows Live gaming app was xD
With Microsoft's Windows store it only allows you to install your stuff on a limited number of systems, so for people like me who regularly do a clean install, this will be very annoying.

While it may seem easier to go all Microsoft, but the affect is still the same, a new place where your games are. I already have Battle.net, Steam, origin, Uplay and GOG, my games are segregated enough.
Old 27-08-15, 02:39 PM
Resident Newb

This will just cause the usual idiot wasters to start screaming and crying -

"Oh no Windows store is built into Windows 10 that means I have to spend a grand total of 30 seconds opening it up and clicking play WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

People need to stop getting offended by these things it's pathetic.

Old 27-08-15, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
With Microsoft's Windows store it only allows you to install your stuff on a limited number of systems, so for people like me who regularly do a clean install, this will be very annoying.
Yes it is limited in the same way your OS is so as long as you able to install and activate your good togo.

Don't get me wrong i also use alot of third party launcher and i dont really like anything 'exclusive' but i like the idea of how it could 'possibly' turn out.

Love em or hate windows aint going anywhere xD
Old 27-08-15, 04:50 PM
Bettyswollocks

All I want now is an AIO win 10 app that collaborates all my separate game libraries together.
Old 27-08-15, 05:03 PM
The Webmaster

I guess they don't really wanna sell it much then?

Feels like they're trying *very* hard to do with Apple did with their app store for OSX, the issue is apple certify *everything* that touches it, M$ won't do that and it'l just fall apart. If they had the same submission process for the Store as they do for f'in Xbox / Xbone games, then maybe it'd work, but that's never going to happen.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 27-08-15, 05:29 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I guess they don't really wanna sell it much then?

Feels like they're trying *very* hard to do with Apple did with their app store for OSX, the issue is apple certify *everything* that touches it, M$ won't do that and it'l just fall apart. If they had the same submission process for the Store as they do for f'in Xbox / Xbone games, then maybe it'd work, but that's never going to happen.
Windows store is already on Windows 10 and auto logs you in if you use an MS account, All you do if you want them game is launch the app like you do with Steam or Origin and buy the game, BOOM mind blown all done.

It's not like it's on your neighbors rig and you have to go round and to theirs to play it, It's on the same system you just hover your mouse over the MS button instead of the Steam button.

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill, It's a non issue.

Old 28-08-15, 09:32 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
if you use an MS account,
I don't use an MS account for my install, and don't intend to.

My point is, what about people that are *not* on Windows 10.. there are still quite a few people sticking with the other versions. Steam and other third party apps are cross-version compatible and most people already have them installed whether they are upgrading or fresh, or on 7 or 8.1.

Putting this on the Windows 10 store.. just.. seems like a nice easy way to limit your customer base, and thus, sales.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!