Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 22-07-15, 03:26 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,795
Project Cars on Wii U Cancelled

The Wii U Version of Project Cars has been Cancelled, with Slightly Mad Studio's saying that that game was "simply too much for Wi U".



Read more on the the Wii U version of Project Cars being Cancelled.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-07-15, 03:41 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,117
I've been reading quite a few peoples comments on Facebook and various forums and most Wii U owners are claiming it's simply down to the devs not being bothered to optimize, Apparently it's a maHOOsive conspiracy XD
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-07-15, 03:51 PM
cooperman's Avatar
cooperman cooperman is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK/west-mids
Posts: 681
No one owns a wii thats why devs dont care >_>
__________________
i5 4690-Gigabyte Z97P-D3-16Gbs 1866Mhz Kinston HyperX Fury Black-Asus r9 290 dcu ii-Corsair h80i-sandisk 256gb ultra plus-WD Blue 500gb-Seasonic M12-620w-Cooler master haf xb.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-07-15, 03:57 PM
Thelosouvlakia's Avatar
Thelosouvlakia Thelosouvlakia is offline
Classy-Fried-Chicken
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
No one owns a wii thats why devs dont care >_>
WiiU is weaker than PS4/XBONE
__________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-07-15, 04:17 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,696
I own a Wii U, it could handle this if it was optimised.

Just because it's not as powerful as the other two, don't discount it. The games that are made for it, are as far as I've seen, better polished and all run at 60fps.

It might be more stylised but they are excellent in terms of gameplay. It's a cracking little box for it's size and unobtrusiveness. They make actual, fun to play games, instead of scaling down PC shooters and stuff that should be running on pc hardware to fit onto crap hardware they make more unique platform specific titles and they work extremely well.
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-07-15, 04:31 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I own a Wii U, it could handle this if it was optimised.

Just because it's not as powerful as the other two, don't discount it. The games that are made for it, are as far as I've seen, better polished and all run at 60fps.

It might be more stylised but they are excellent in terms of gameplay. It's a cracking little box for it's size and unobtrusiveness. They make actual, fun to play games, instead of scaling down PC shooters and stuff that should be running on pc hardware to fit onto crap hardware they make more unique platform specific titles and they work extremely well.
It could handle it if the graphics were lowered by quite a bit but the game is about photo realistic driving *Or as close as is possible today* and lowering the eye candy just to get it to run on an under performing system defeats the purpose of the game.

I do hope Nintendo's next system is full of horsepower, Nintendo really **** the bed when it comes to 3rd party dev support with the Wii/U because they put lower end hardware inside their box.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-07-15, 06:20 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I do hope Nintendo's next system is full of horsepower, Nintendo really **** the bed when it comes to 3rd party dev support with the Wii/U because they put lower end hardware inside their box.
The Wii had tonnes of 3rd party games. The WiiU doesn't because it hasn't sold as much.

Its not all about raw power.
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-07-15, 06:28 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
The Wii had tonnes of 3rd party games. The WiiU doesn't because it hasn't sold as much.

Its not all about raw power.
Tell that to this studio
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-07-15, 06:54 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Tell that to this studio
Sure.

Although... optimization doesn't seem to be their strong point with the current consoles either and unlike the Wii U, they're a bit easier to work with (it seems based on architecture).
They're very good with using crowdfunding (They're crowdfunding the sequel already!) so they've got that.

They do have some point but seeing how Nintendo have made some very pretty 60fps games for the WiiU its not exactly impossible..
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-07-15, 07:01 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Sure.

Although... optimization doesn't seem to be their strong point with the current consoles either and unlike the Wii U, they're a bit easier to work with (it seems based on architecture).
They're very good with using crowdfunding (They're crowdfunding the sequel already!) so they've got that.

They do have some point but seeing how Nintendo have made some very pretty 60fps games for the WiiU its not exactly impossible..
Yeah but most of the games on WiiU are cartoony with very few actually being balls to the wall eye candy.

I like the Wii U as I'm a fan of the Zelda games but most games do look very last gen and if you have to compromise your game to run on a piece of hardware is it really worth it considering one of the biggest selling points are the graphics in your game ?

Plus lets not forget the Wii U performance wise is in roughly the same area as a PS3, It has 3 cores, 1GB memory and an undisclosed DX10 GPU, Doesn't exactly scream "Put your games on our system" to me
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.