Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-07-15, 03:26 PM
News Guru

Project Cars on Wii U Cancelled

The Wii U Version of Project Cars has been Cancelled, with Slightly Mad Studio's saying that that game was "simply too much for Wi U".

Read more on the the Wii U version of Project Cars being Cancelled.

Old 22-07-15, 03:41 PM
Resident Newb

I've been reading quite a few peoples comments on Facebook and various forums and most Wii U owners are claiming it's simply down to the devs not being bothered to optimize, Apparently it's a maHOOsive conspiracy XD

Old 22-07-15, 03:51 PM
OC3D Crew

No one owns a wii thats why devs dont care >_>
Old 22-07-15, 03:57 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
No one owns a wii thats why devs dont care >_>
WiiU is weaker than PS4/XBONE

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 22-07-15, 04:17 PM
The Webmaster

I own a Wii U, it could handle this if it was optimised.

Just because it's not as powerful as the other two, don't discount it. The games that are made for it, are as far as I've seen, better polished and all run at 60fps.

It might be more stylised but they are excellent in terms of gameplay. It's a cracking little box for it's size and unobtrusiveness. They make actual, fun to play games, instead of scaling down PC shooters and stuff that should be running on pc hardware to fit onto crap hardware they make more unique platform specific titles and they work extremely well.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 22-07-15, 04:31 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I own a Wii U, it could handle this if it was optimised.

Just because it's not as powerful as the other two, don't discount it. The games that are made for it, are as far as I've seen, better polished and all run at 60fps.

It might be more stylised but they are excellent in terms of gameplay. It's a cracking little box for it's size and unobtrusiveness. They make actual, fun to play games, instead of scaling down PC shooters and stuff that should be running on pc hardware to fit onto crap hardware they make more unique platform specific titles and they work extremely well.
It could handle it if the graphics were lowered by quite a bit but the game is about photo realistic driving *Or as close as is possible today* and lowering the eye candy just to get it to run on an under performing system defeats the purpose of the game.

I do hope Nintendo's next system is full of horsepower, Nintendo really **** the bed when it comes to 3rd party dev support with the Wii/U because they put lower end hardware inside their box.

Old 22-07-15, 06:20 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I do hope Nintendo's next system is full of horsepower, Nintendo really **** the bed when it comes to 3rd party dev support with the Wii/U because they put lower end hardware inside their box.
The Wii had tonnes of 3rd party games. The WiiU doesn't because it hasn't sold as much.

Its not all about raw power.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 22-07-15, 06:28 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
The Wii had tonnes of 3rd party games. The WiiU doesn't because it hasn't sold as much.

Its not all about raw power.
Tell that to this studio

Old 22-07-15, 06:54 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Tell that to this studio
Sure.

Although... optimization doesn't seem to be their strong point with the current consoles either and unlike the Wii U, they're a bit easier to work with (it seems based on architecture).
They're very good with using crowdfunding (They're crowdfunding the sequel already!) so they've got that.

They do have some point but seeing how Nintendo have made some very pretty 60fps games for the WiiU its not exactly impossible..
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 22-07-15, 07:01 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Sure.

Although... optimization doesn't seem to be their strong point with the current consoles either and unlike the Wii U, they're a bit easier to work with (it seems based on architecture).
They're very good with using crowdfunding (They're crowdfunding the sequel already!) so they've got that.

They do have some point but seeing how Nintendo have made some very pretty 60fps games for the WiiU its not exactly impossible..
Yeah but most of the games on WiiU are cartoony with very few actually being balls to the wall eye candy.

I like the Wii U as I'm a fan of the Zelda games but most games do look very last gen and if you have to compromise your game to run on a piece of hardware is it really worth it considering one of the biggest selling points are the graphics in your game ?

Plus lets not forget the Wii U performance wise is in roughly the same area as a PS3, It has 3 cores, 1GB memory and an undisclosed DX10 GPU, Doesn't exactly scream "Put your games on our system" to me