Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 09-06-15, 01:45 PM
Average Penis Too

AMD Fiji CompuBench Scores show OpenCL performance

The first AMD Fiji benchmarks have appeared, and it beats the Titan X in certain tests. Keep in mind this is just OpenCL though.

Read more on the AMD Fiji GPU OpenCL scores.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 09-06-15, 04:22 PM
AMD Enthusiast

So in computer vision/compute it beats Nvidia.. and in physics Nvidia wins. Sounds like nothing has changed since 7xxx series released
Old 09-06-15, 04:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Really looking forward to seeing what the new Fury cards can do, I hope they can beat the 980Ti at a similar price!
Old 09-06-15, 06:52 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davva2004 View Post
Really looking forward to seeing what the new Fury cards can do, I hope they can beat the 980Ti at a much lower price!
Corrected
Old 09-06-15, 10:47 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterae View Post
Corrected
I would not agree with you on that one. Seems to me the are advertising it as a Titan equal. So if should be able to compete with a TX at I'd say in between a TX and 980ti. If it costed less than a 980ti they wouldn't make very much money off of it as the margin would be so low. If they have a cutdown version of the Fiji core then I would agree cheaper than a 980ti. Nvidia will respond however so it really just depends how aggressive they want to play.
Old 09-06-15, 11:28 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I would not agree with you on that one.
There's a surprise .

If it's pitched as being a Titan's equal then your probably right, but AMD could have a decision on their hands. Either go for a larger profit margin or a larger market share; if cash balance isn't desperate they might gun for Nvidia's position. The last Steam hardware survey does tells a lot (Nvidia- 51.85% vs AMD - 28.15%).

At the moment I prefer Nvidia's hardware, drivers and support, it's their pricing model that's the problem. If AMD's challenger to the 980Ti isn't considerably cheaper it simply won't be enough to sway me from Nvidia.
Old 10-06-15, 12:01 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
There's a surprise .

If it's pitched as being a Titan's equal then your probably right, but AMD could have a decision on their hands. Either go for a larger profit margin or a larger market share; if cash balance isn't desperate they might gun for Nvidia's position. The last Steam hardware survey does tells a lot (Nvidia- 51.85% vs AMD - 28.15%).

At the moment I prefer Nvidia's hardware, drivers and support, it's their pricing model that's the problem. If AMD's challenger to the 980Ti isn't considerably cheaper it simply won't be enough to sway me from Nvidia.
I don't think it's a surprise.. it's kinda already happening with it being marketed that way, hence no surprise. Sure there isn't much confirmation but the new Name would suggest so, I think it's a smart idea tbh. Gives them more marketing leverage.
Old 10-06-15, 12:14 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I don't think it's a surprise.. it's kinda already happening with it being marketed that way, hence no surprise. Sure there isn't much confirmation but the new Name would suggest so, I think it's a smart idea tbh. Gives them more marketing leverage.
The 'surprise' was an ironic reference to you not agreeing with me .

The Fury being marketed? Yeah .... they used so much leaks, smoke and mirrors AMD are like a fire in the bathroom department of B&Q...

Anyway, wccf have pricing information on the R9 series, but don't see the AMD Furry listed.

I reckon the AMD Furry (which I will call it from now on) will be around $500.

Edit - don't know what I was thinking - The Furry will be more like $800 - $900 from what I read. Wishful thinking huh!
Old 10-06-15, 12:14 AM

I hope that AMD does something for their position soon other than pricing on the 300 series, but I will have to stick with nVidia for graphics after buying the Shield tablet... I am hoping to upgrade my 650ti to the next gen X60 series card, although the 8350 will have to deal with getting a better cooler for now.
Old 10-06-15, 12:19 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
The 'surprise' was an ironic reference to you not agreeing with me .

The Fury being marketed? Yeah .... they used so much leaks, smoke and mirrors AMD are like a fire in the bathroom department of B&Q...

Anyway, wccf have pricing information on the R9 series, but don't see the AMD Furry listed.

I reckon the AMD Furry (which I will call it from now on) will be around $500.
I understand the reference. I merely stated why it shouldn't have been a surprise.. It's going to be marketed that way and the price tag along with it. It wouldn't make any other sense to do it a different way. In regards to the marketing, It's being marketed as higher than a 390x. So in essence it's a AMDs Titan level card. Thats the marketing reference I was referring too

I think it'll cost around $700 USD. If they have a cut down version, $550. It's using HBM1... it won't be that cheap in it's early stages