Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-06-15, 03:41 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,261
PowerColor Reveal DEVIL HDX Sound Card

PowerColor have just reveal their DEVIL HDX Sound Card. What do you guys think of this little Devil?



Read more on Powercolor's DEVIL HDX Soundcard here.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-06-15, 03:45 PM
Kushiro Kushiro is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,188
Does it come with a backplate
__________________
i7 5930k 4.7Ghz ~1.34v - Asus X99 Deluxe - G.Skill 32GB 2800mhz 4x8GB - NZXT Switch 810 White Edition - 3x EVGA Geforce GTX 980Ti - 2x Samsung 850 2TB - Corsair AX1500i

Watercooling - custom
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-15, 12:26 AM
Emu Emu is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 113
CM8888 audio chip? That brings back memories of cheap as chips crappy sound cards from yesteryear...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-15, 08:16 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,273
Hardware and feature set wise this is nigh on identical to the 3 year old Xonar Phoebus.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-15, 08:42 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,714
I'm not sure if you copied and pasted this bit but

Quote:
The Devil HDX has built-in headphone amplifiers with a 6.3mm phone jack with amplifier drives up to 600 impedance on headphones that provide thundering high fidelity sound strike to your headset

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
CM8888 audio chip? That brings back memories of cheap as chips crappy sound cards from yesteryear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Hardware and feature set wise this is nigh on identical to the 3 year old Xonar Phoebus.
Still probably better than a Creative Recon3D or the current ZXR
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-15, 08:42 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'm not sure if you copied and pasted this bit but

Quote:
The Devil HDX has built-in headphone amplifiers with a 6.3mm phone jack with amplifier drives up to 600 impedance on headphones that provide thundering high fidelity sound strike to your headset
Sound strike ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Still probably better than a Creative Recon3D or the current ZXR
A tone deaf leper would be better than Creatives Recon and Z range
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.