Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 03-06-15, 08:44 AM
Average Penis Too

AMD Fiji release date confirmed at Computex - launches June 16th

AMD's upcoming GPU with HBM memory stacks has been shown behind closed doors, and we've been given a concrete launch date.

Read more on AMD Fiji and its launch date.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 03-06-15, 08:47 AM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

That die is 'ooooge

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 03-06-15, 09:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
ooooooooooooooooo

Got a feeling thats gonna be HOT! I can't wait to get mine
Old 03-06-15, 09:11 AM

Surely 4gb is 4gb no matter what flavour it arrives in....I was always taught no matter how you dress it, a turd is still a turd! Can 4gb vram and new die compete with the gtx 980 ti? Its looking like this callsign will at long last hang up his amd hardware.
Old 03-06-15, 09:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbmedic View Post
Surely 4gb is 4gb no matter what flavour it arrives in....I was always taught no matter how you dress it, a turd is still a turd! Can 4gb vram and new die compete with the gtx 980 ti? Its looking like this callsign will at long last hang up his amd hardware.
That is some dramatic statement right there, without seeing it in action and seeing how HBM performs you can't call it a turd.

The fact its also new tech you cant expect them to chuck out stupid amount of memory it only pushes the prices up, and as we know people don't want to keep dropping £600 on graphic cards every 3 months!
Old 03-06-15, 09:22 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:

*** n000b point. You shall be educated in due course when the NDA lifts.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 03-06-15, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
That is some dramatic statement right there, without seeing it in action and seeing how HBM performs you can't call it a turd.

The fact its also new tech you cant expect them to chuck out stupid amount of memory it only pushes the prices up, and as we know people don't want to keep dropping £600 on graphic cards every 3 months!
Not directly calling it a turd just yet, was merely pointing out an observation. 4gb is still 4gb no matter what flavour it arrives in be it gddr 5 or hbm its still 4gb is it not? The fact its new tech I would expect at least enough ram to do what its designed to do....do you not think that's fair enough, especially when NVidia are now releasing 6gb on their gtx 980 ti?

After all these years of being an amd user, not a fanboy but just stuck with their brand, in all honestly I would say im a ROG fanboy if anything as Ive always stuck with them but my platform has always being amd, so like a lot of people Im actually waiting with baited breath! Although if im completely honest, Im not holding my breath!!!
Old 03-06-15, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
*** n000b point. You shall be educated in due course when the NDA lifts.
Im no noob Tom, only a noob posting....you have the benefit of being informed...All we can do is go off past examples, trends and then guess....Its no help reading every snippet of information and trying to put the pieces together...Im waiting with baited breath buddy if the truth be told!
Old 03-06-15, 09:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
You shall be educated in due course when the NDA lifts.
Major tease !!!
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 03-06-15, 09:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Not directly calling it a turd just yet, was merely pointing out an observation. 4gb is still 4gb no matter what flavour it arrives in be it gddr 5 or hbm its still 4gb is it not? The fact its new tech I would expect at least enough ram to do what its designed to do....do you not think that's fair enough, especially when NVidia are now releasing 6gb on their gtx 980 ti?

After all these years of being an amd user, not a fanboy but just stuck with their brand, in all honestly I would say im a ROG fanboy if anything as Ive always stuck with them but my platform has always being amd, so like a lot of people Im actually waiting with baited breath! Although if im completely honest, Im not holding my breath!!!
Quote:
Im no noob Tom, only a noob posting....you have the benefit of being informed...All we can do is go off past examples, trends and then guess....Its no help reading every snippet of information and trying to put the pieces together...Im waiting with baited breath buddy if the truth be told!
Next time please just edit your post or alternatively use the multi quote button instead of double posting.

Watercooling - custom