Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 27-03-15, 07:09 PM
The Guvnor

Nvidia GTX Titan X 4K Gsync Review

We've finally got our hands on the next nVidia GPU and run it through its paces. With the GTX980 already dominating performance charts, how does the Titan X stack up.

Nvidia GTX Titan X 4K Gsync Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 27-03-15, 07:13 PM
AMD Enthusiast

In before article!

Honestly i'm interested in the overall vram usage at 4k.. how much is actually used
Old 27-03-15, 08:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Are you not allowed to mention AMD in Nvidia reviews or something? Anyway, great review

Old 27-03-15, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
In before article!

Honestly i'm interested in the overall vram usage at 4k.. how much is actually used
Guessing it won't be much more than 6.

TTL you mention board partners coming out with their own coolers...? All i've heard so far and from their press conference was that those won't be allowed so we're stuck with the stock cooler though it looks great.
Old 27-03-15, 09:29 PM
OC3D Crew

What do David Beckham and the Titan X both have in common? They both come in a box posh.

For a Gsync review that was a bit though, unless I missed it when I looked down to pick up my mug of tea . I know it's difficult to portray in a written article and video when we can't see what you see, but you could at least shown something like you did with the Freesync review. This was a very good review of the Titan X which was connected to a Gsync monitor, no more no less.

As for the Stig making an appearance... eh, no comment!
Old 27-03-15, 09:40 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterae View Post
What do David Beckham and the Titan X both have in common? They both come in a box posh.

For a Gsync review that was a bit though, unless I missed it when I looked down to pick up my mug of tea . I know it's difficult to portray in a written article and video when we can't see what you see, but you could at least shown something like you did with the Freesync review. This was a very good review of the Titan X which was connected to a Gsync monitor, no more no less.

As for the Stig making an appearance... eh, no comment!

You need to read up on gsync matey

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 27-03-15, 09:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Solid. I wouldn't buy it but it's great to know it's there

I suppose the absence of a backplate must only come down to cooling. With 12GB of vram the thing is undeniably built for SLI and I would imagine that extra bit of clearance not only under the blower but around the memory helps to keep them cooler. The thing isn't exactly built to a price, there is a bit of an e-peen factor to that exposed memory too though. It was the only way to tell a 780 from a Titan, maybe there will be another black nVidia card without memory just there

JR
Old 27-03-15, 10:00 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I've read so much already! I really need to see it for myself.
Old 27-03-15, 11:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the review.

Pretty evil of Nvidia to kill off DP but I suppose they're after sales of their Tesla cards.

Not impressed by the heat or noise. Mate of mine has two and says that on the default Nvidia fan profile it throttles the card pretty badly. Maybe Nvidia should have upgraded the cooler, rather than just painting bits of it black.

At least with DP available the Titan could possibly make sense of its price, possibly, sometimes, when the wind was blowing in the right direction. But now? well I paid £699 a pop for my Titan Blacks and it was only the DP that really got me to hand over the cash. Hilariously the job I needed the DP for fell through but ho hum.

Now it's AMD's turn to 'do a 290x' and match the performance, and then we can see the actual card this would have been had AMD timed their releases better over the past few gens. Last time they were first and got it right was 5xxx series so that's basically why Nvidia are taking the with naming and pricing.

12gb? lmao.

Consoles have 8gb, 2gb system reserved so I can't see PC games needing more than 6 this console gen but hey, I could well be surprised maybe at 4k.

Again, cheers for the review. Shame that posh box doesn't come with all of them as the retail cards actually come in bog standard crappy regular boxes. Shame, at this price I'd have expected a real showcase throughout.

Old 27-03-15, 11:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Great Video Tom.

I have linked it over at OCUK in the TitanX owners thread, I hope you don't mind.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.