Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-03-15, 07:01 PM
News Guru

Valve Receives an F in Customer Service

Valve has received an F for their customer service from the BBB, urging the company to improve it's customer service.

Read more on Valve's F in customer Service here.

Old 15-03-15, 07:25 PM
OC3D Elite

An F, that is really sad but not suprising.
Old 15-03-15, 07:27 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
An F, that is really sad but not suprising.
They are lucky there isn't a lower grade TBH.
Old 15-03-15, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately, Steam is no longer what it used to be. Seriously, it devolved as the time passed. What used to be a fair, easy-access market is now a craphole with no decent support and 20th century policies. Even Origin provides refunds and doesn't have regional restrictions...
Old 15-03-15, 07:41 PM

i for one hate valve and will never get anything trough steam, it's now been more than a year since i last logged into my steam account, after one of my many windows re installs i kind of messed up the log in process and guess what steam customer service is absolutely no help whatsoever, my account is unrecoverable, i cant even reset it, o hell they deserve a F- for their customer service no one there even cared about the situation, and the last time i decided to try it looked like my account was deleted so F**k steam and hail gog
Old 15-03-15, 07:59 PM
Resident Newb

Not surprising TBH considering I hat to wait 6 weeks for a reply to a problem on my account.

Old 15-03-15, 08:05 PM

I remember a person who got all of his games locked with no way to prove that he actually physically purchased those games, valve said you have the CD-Keys but that doesn't mean you purchased those games...No logic?

They also "locked" their big (and I mean big) CSGO and Dota trade markets. With some knives on CSGO reaching 5000+ keys (Key is around £1.59? Maybe 1.69 now) this means thousands of pounds.

Why are they destroying their own company? (Talking about CSGO because I know it:P) ... they had over 1,000,000 consecutive viewers on their 2015 Katowice tournament on a game that has beta-bugs!

Take a minute to go on the trading sub-reddits. People are furious that keys have a 2 week trade-ban on them, and dota has completely outruled keys?(I think?)

I know I went on about valve as a company here but honestly they are going down the drain pretty quick with their stupid ideas.
Specs: | CPU - AMD FX8320 | Mobo - GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0) | Case - Corsair Spec-03 White LED | Cooling - Corsair H60 | RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU/PSU - XFX HD7970 DD Edition/XFX XXX 650W 80+B
Old 15-03-15, 09:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Come to think of it, valve has the worst customer service in the world, or close to it and they want to sell hardware under the steam brand, no doubt creating more and more tickets which they cant handle anyway. Yeah valve, better get your priorities right.
Old 15-03-15, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

I certainly hope this latest BBB grade prompts a change in their customer service. I purchased GTA 4 through steam a while back and couldn't get it to work at all. Found a fix online but couldn't play multiplayer with it which is the only reason I bought the game. I've sent in 2 support tickets, 1 for help with the initial issue and 1 for a refund after the first went unanswered for over a month. To this day, neither of the tickets have be acknowledged. I haven't bought from steam since then and I will never will again. It is inexcusable to basically tell your loyal customers to go f**k themselves by refusing to address issues.
Corsair AX860i PSU | Corsair Obsidian 350D | Corsair SF 120 HPE HSP (Rads) / AF 120 PE (Case)
Old 15-03-15, 11:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopesetic View Post
I certainly hope this latest BBB grade prompts a change in their customer service. I purchased GTA 4 through steam a while back and couldn't get it to work at all. Found a fix online but couldn't play multiplayer with it which is the only reason I bought the game. I've sent in 2 support tickets, 1 for help with the initial issue and 1 for a refund after the first went unanswered for over a month. To this day, neither of the tickets have be acknowledged. I haven't bought from steam since then and I will never will again. It is inexcusable to basically tell your loyal customers to go f**k themselves by refusing to address issues.
All i could think after reading this, Valve is to busy waxxing their steam controller.

But seriously, no answer to this date is pathetic.