Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 11-03-15, 04:15 PM
The Guvnor

Corsair H100i GTX Review

Let's see how the Corsair h100i GTX measures up to the competition in the hard fought 240mm rad AIO challenge

Corsair H100i GTX Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-03-15, 05:04 PM
OC3D Crew

Nice review Tom. I don't think you are mental going on about the wires and hose connections. I wonder if its a price point that has to be met. I don't know why they change OEM manufacturers within the same product line. It also effects my OCD as it does yours
Old 11-03-15, 05:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Who said CoolIT

I think your niggles with the cooler were well founded and wd for revealing that the grey trim can easily be removed. For a lot of people will not care about the cables even slightly and value the increased performance over the H100i so really Performance is the perfect award for it.

Corsair were silly with the USB placement and I would say it annoys me but I have become so anal I wouldn't plug it in wherever they placed it. Just set the LED colour in link one time and leave it on it's own after that. Similarly the criticism about not having push/pull support like the H100i is a bit of a weak point for it too. I also really don't like the fact you can't remove the fan cables should you wish to use motherboard headers or fixed voltage fans. I prefer the H105/Kelvin approach of just chucking a few splitters in the packet, but we all know how much Corsair are addicted to moar features. The hoses still look ridiculously long and fixing them is very odd.

I wouldn't go for it and i'm glad I swapped my H105 for a Kelvin rather than waiting for these.

JR
Old 11-03-15, 05:16 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
Who said CoolIT

I think your niggles with the cooler were well founded and wd for revealing that the grey trim can easily be removed. For a lot of people will not care about the cables even slightly and value the increased performance over the H100i so really Performance is the perfect award for it.

Corsair were silly with the USB placement and I would say it annoys me but I have become so anal I wouldn't plug it in wherever they placed it. Just set the LED colour in link one time and leave it on it's own after that. Similarly the criticism about not having push/pull support like the H100i is a bit of a weak point for it too. I also really don't like the fact you can't remove the fan cables should you wish to use motherboard headers or fixed voltage fans. I prefer the H105/Kelvin approach of just chucking a few splitters in the packet, but we all know how much Corsair are addicted to moar features. The hoses still look ridiculously long and fixing them is very odd.

I wouldn't go for it and i'm glad I swapped my H105 for a Kelvin rather than waiting for these.

JR
If you dont plug it in you cant control the pump YOU would need to faff about with this. After our debate the other day this at full chat isnt quiet at all. Compared to the H110i GT this thing is plain noisey and I honestly think its down to the Asetek OEM

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-03-15, 05:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
If you dont plug it in you cant control the pump YOU would need to faff about with this. After our debate the other day this at full chat isnt quiet at all. Compared to the H110i GT this thing is plain noisey and I honestly think its down to the Asetek OEM
That's tragic then, H100i's were always happy without anything connected. That's a big step backwards.

JR
Old 11-03-15, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

A nice review there, it looks quite good apart from that usb connection and a tiny little detail that you didnt pick up on which i think is important but utterly small.

Old 11-03-15, 05:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
A nice review there, it looks quite good apart from that usb connection and a tiny little detail that you didnt pick up on which i think is important but utterly small.
If the other one is reversed you could take them both off and swap them over. If the other one isn't reversed then someone at Corsair better do a catastrophic facepalm right now.

JR
Old 11-03-15, 05:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
If the other one is reversed you could take them both off and swap them over. If the other one isn't reversed then someone at Corsair better do a catastrophic facepalm right now.

JR
Hmm you might be right on the swapping bit, still though, should have been straight in the first place.
Old 11-03-15, 05:31 PM
Bettyswollocks

Round of applause needed I feel! Kudos for getting through that without giving the 3 coolers new names, I would have given them name tags I could easily refer to.
GT, GTX, GTI, GTE, RS, GTR, GTR-I, GTX-I, XR2...... My head was spinning.

Still, great review and the balanced performance figures speaks volumes, In all honesty I'd have just liked to have seen the original H100i with those braided hoses, now that would have got my nerd on!
Old 11-03-15, 05:51 PM

How is it possible that the delta T values between coolers (say Corsair H110i GT and Fractal Kelvin s36) is higher at idle and lower at more heat loads?