Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 19-01-15, 02:03 PM
News Guru

Sid Meier's Starships

Civilization designer Sid Meier announces new strategy game based around Starships.

Read more on Sid Meier's Starships here.

Old 19-01-15, 02:48 PM
OC3D Crew

Sounds good to me, another one for the collection, as I already have most of his other games
Old 19-01-15, 04:39 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Love the Civ series but honestly i wish they took a slightly newer approach. Now all the games they release are hex based and are nearly identical in mechanics but adapted to the new setting/new features. Wish it had a newer approach was all but it still does look interesting.

Thing is with space games for me, i wish they made it so it's like huge fleets fighting instead of hex to hex combat. It's space?! Use the never ending room and don't limit it to tiles.. Seems counter-intuitive to me tbh. Or a game where you can have these huge battles and personally take control over a ship and get into the action like in 3rd person. That would be neat too
Old 19-01-15, 04:49 PM
News Guru

I just want a new Sins of a Solar Empire type game.

I would love it if a version with the mass effect races were made. or just a Sins like game in that universe.
Old 19-01-15, 04:56 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
I just want a new Sins of a Solar Empire type game.

I would love it if a version with the mass effect races were made. or just a Sins like game in that universe.
on this! I bought that game during the summer sale and i love it. It's an amazing game and the only one of it's kind on the battle side and immersion you get from huge fleets clashing over space.

The only issue with the game is it was created on an older game engine and runs only on 32bit, so memory is an issue to the game and to many mods will make it crash because it's using to much memory. If they updated it to a whole new 64bit engine(or modify, but it does need a new engine) and upped the somewhat old textures/graphics(or even just ship details tbh) it would be 100% better in every way. Or just add a story and more factions would be awesome as well.
Old 19-01-15, 05:05 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

Looks great! now let's hope it will get mantle support

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 19-01-15, 05:16 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
Looks great! now let's hope it will get mantle support
Based off the previous game it should. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't when they already have it implemented in the engine
Old 19-01-15, 05:19 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
on this! I bought that game during the summer sale and i love it. It's an amazing game and the only one of it's kind on the battle side and immersion you get from huge fleets clashing over space.

The only issue with the game is it was created on an older game engine and runs only on 32bit, so memory is an issue to the game and to many mods will make it crash because it's using to much memory. If they updated it to a whole new 64bit engine(or modify, but it does need a new engine) and upped the somewhat old textures/graphics(or even just ship details tbh) it would be 100% better in every way. Or just add a story and more factions would be awesome as well.
Indeed, I love having massive games in Sins and I just wish it was able to use the ram is obviously requires.
Old 19-01-15, 05:23 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I don't think they are making a new one though.. its already been a few years and not even rumors or leaks have appeared. Hell the website hasn't changed in a long time either