Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 20-05-14, 05:30 PM
Bettyswollocks

NZXT CAM Monitor

Today NZXT finally release their CAM "Computer Access Monitor" "Cloud Access Monitor" actually I don't know what it stands for so your guess is as good as mine.

I was lucky enough to be a part of the beta test team during the early stages of its development and now that it has been released to the public and the NDA has been lifted we can now discuss it without getting smacked bottoms.

What is CAM? CAM is a system monitor plain and simple which monitors your system hardware just like Corsair Link does but with the inbuilt ability to monitor your system via a cloud system, so you can monitor your home PC while at the office or from your laptop while on the move and very soon you'll have total mobile access via iOS and Android apps.

Now while I spent a good 2 months beta testing this, it really is not what I'd call "Finished" and it still has some minor issues the main one being it is rather RAM hungry and some CPUs do still suffer from incorrect thermal monitoring namely AMD FX series.. while NZXT have licenced and intergrated CPUID into its core to rectify this some (minor) issues remain, with all that said it is still a fantastic leap forward in system monitoring.

Onto the Features.

Real-Time Monitoring

CAM keeps a watchful eye on your PC with real-time monitoring of your computer's vital statistics. Stored in the Cloud, CAM allows complete access to detailed information to ensure optimal PC health and performance.

Real time Notifications including

CPU Temperature & Load Warnings, GPU Temperature & Load Warnings, Hard Drive Temperature & Capacity Warnings, Fan Connection Warning, Motherboard Battery level Warning.

CAM comes with full mobile support* and Cloud Integration, allowing you easy access to your PC’s vital information wherever, whenever.

If you are having issues with the cloud access and how to use it, it's simple, just install CAM onto a second machine and log in, once logged in click on your name (pictured above) and select the machine you would like to monitor.

*Mobile access is due for release in June 2014.

Give it a try >Here< and as always let's hear your opinions.

Source: Me & NZXT

~Wraithguard~

Old 22-05-14, 02:30 AM
Bettyswollocks

Tiny update. NZXT have rectified the monsterous RAM usage with a small update and all appears to be good now. Happy monitoring.
Old 22-05-14, 03:15 AM
OC3D Elite

This isnt a bad app at all. Ive been using it all day and its pretty solid. Plenty of good information but its too big to leave on your desktop (I prefer looking at my HD picture of Tarja Turunen instead) but its no real problem to leave minimized to the task bar and a simple double click brings it down with all the info. Its no replacement for my CPU and GPU Gadgets but ever since Windows disabled them for some stupid security flaw, Ive been looking for something to replace them. There is a patch that Microsoft has that will re-enable them but every time I get a Windows Update, it zaps it and I have to re-download the stupid thing.

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• MSI R9 290x Lightning
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• BenQ XL2720Z @ 144 Hz
Logitech G-Pro TKL ••• Razer DeathAdder Elite
Old 22-05-14, 04:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Just downloaded it. It's pretty sweet, looks like I may be able to replace my HWmonitor and CPUz lol, MAYBE!

Intel rig 2014

Old 22-05-14, 07:10 AM
The Webmaster

You know when I went on that rant about GUI design for windows 8 ?

This right here.. 100% perfect example of design decisions led by crappy GUI. The app itself, looks like a cracking idea, the GUI.. absolutely, .
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 22-05-14, 11:12 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
You know when I went on that rant about GUI design for windows 8 ?
This right here.. 100% perfect example of design decisions led by crappy GUI. The app itself, looks like a cracking idea, the GUI.. absolutely, .
It was my bug bear from the beginning but NZXT went with it, the beta forum lit up with people saying "resizeable" & "skins" I made my own in the end with rainmeter.

But CAM does a good job and will get better I think, especially if its on multi monitor setups.
Old 22-05-14, 11:46 AM
OC3D Elite

I gave it a go but when gaming, about an hour into play, the game shut down with a cam warning pop up saying my GPU temp had reached 95, but according to GPU-Z, I was at 43.

With the amount of cooling, I've got, and the reliability of GPU-Z, I'm sticking with their results.
Old 22-05-14, 12:10 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
It was my bug bear from the beginning but NZXT went with it, the beta forum lit up with people saying "resizeable" & "skins" I made my own in the end with rainmeter.

But CAM does a good job and will get better I think, especially if its on multi monitor setups.

You need props for all the OC3D stuff you have!

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 22-05-14, 12:22 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
You need props for all the OC3D stuff you have!
Weird thing is I only signed up to ask a question, and ended up becoming hooked, best tech forum on the tinterwebs.
Old 22-05-14, 01:05 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Weird thing is I only signed up to ask a question, and ended up becoming hooked, best tech forum on the tinterwebs.
we have that effect on people

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!