Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-10-06, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

10 Biggest Computer Flops Of All Time

Let's face it...computers have changed the way we do things infinitely. Although, with advancements in technology there is always a downside, and the risk that the product may fail; or quite simply, consumers simply aren't ready for it yet. Can you think of other products that should have perhaps made the list? Feel free to voice your opinion on the article below...

Link to the computer flops article

Old 24-10-06, 11:15 AM
OC3D Crew

Windows ME was a huge flop. My neighbor had it and I hated it. It froze a lot.
Old 24-10-06, 01:53 PM

All I can say is thank god I never had to deal with Windows ME, ever... It would have been a horrible deal seeing as how I was slowing learing of such things then.
Old 24-10-06, 01:56 PM

I had ME when I was trialling it. Screwed one of my harddrives with the amount of viruses it managed to attract. Back to Win 98NT for me it was!!
Old 24-10-06, 05:34 PM
OC3D Crew

I had ME on our first proper pc, 1 gig Athlon, 256meg of ram, cost about £1000 with screen etc

And it only upgraded to windows 2000 about 6 months ago

ME sucked

The odd 120 something mb floppy disk drive I had at one points seems to be one of the most pointless of inventions. I can't remember ever seeing another similar drive, rendering it totally useless
Old 24-10-06, 06:23 PM
OC3D Elite

yeah, got our first PC with ME on it. 700mhz celly, i remember having to reformat at least once every 2 months stupid virus attracting thing
Old 24-10-06, 10:25 PM
OC3D Elite

I have to blatently cruel about this article, but it`s absolute crap.

I do hope the organizer considered where windo$e, or atleast it`s conception, would be without what they listed as No.1

I won`t go on to mention where the reasoning behind cpm being in there came from, if u used computers possibly mid to late 80s, particularly in business and universities. I didn`t recognise the list title as "stuff that was good at one time, but has since been superceded." Alot of businesses in the UK, particularly, were still using cpm before the turn of the milllen.

ME should have been No.1, with a big gap until No.2. - however, it`s sales, spread and revenue would be considered a success by any small business.

Old 25-10-06, 01:10 AM

I had ME on a PC, it was unstable, but it ran all of my games. When I bought a new system with XP on it, none of my games would run, even the ones that said that they were XP compatible. I have a feeling that it had more to do with all of the dumb trial software that came with it. There could have been some sort of driver conflict caused by it, but when I got a virus on it and reformatted it (it had to be done some time, the virus just pushed me over the edge) with Windows 2000, all of my games worked. That was just my experience.

This is a bit off of the Windows-flop topic, but I think that the Nintendo Gamecube was a big flop. It was not at all powerful, and it had a very limited game library.
Old 25-10-06, 01:16 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tuco'
This is a bit off of the Windows-flop topic, but I think that the Nintendo Gamecube was a big flop. It was not at all powerful, and it had a very limited game library.
I loved gamecube just because it had Mariokart, Supersmash Bros., and Marioparty =]
Old 25-10-06, 04:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Biggest fight Nintendo have is the variety of software >.< I loved my N64 just for Zelda.

Bit like Apple having the game companies on it`s side and pc vendors having very little. Kinda the reverse of real life. God I wish it wasn`t.