Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 22-02-13, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Budget cooling rig

Ok, so if you've seen my previous post about my werid Ehiem pump thing then you will see what im going to be using to get the water flowing.

Im in 2 minds where to go custom loop or get a H100i (already have a H100) what temp differences would there be between custom & H100i?

What i need now is a radiator (probably a 360 maybe a 240 on your recomendations)

a CPU block

tubing and connectors not botherd about colours as im using distilled water as i have no case window

small resevoir

thats it.

i need a fast flowing system and want to have the fan speeds low. Oh, they system will probably hold 4litres!

ill get some yate loons or GT's outside of that budget

Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED

Old 22-02-13, 03:28 PM
OC3D Elite

low budget and custom waterloop doesn't mix well. go for an AIO solution
Old 22-02-13, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

I don't think it's that low of a budget. Around £70. I already have a pump just need advice on CPU block and rad.

Also wanted to know what temps I could expect over an all in one option. 10 degrees better?
Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED

Old 22-02-13, 05:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesius View Post
I don't think it's that low of a budget. Around £70. I already have a pump just need advice on CPU block and rad.

Also wanted to know what temps I could expect over an all in one option. 10 degrees better?
70 pounds for rad, block, fittings, tubing, liquid and reservoir? no way.
Old 22-02-13, 05:23 PM
OC3D Elite

this is really not going to work well with that kind of budget. as said, go with some AIO cooler or save up some more money
Old 22-02-13, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

around £70.

rad block and fittings is all i really need to worry about as the tubing is reletively cheap as is distilled water. Theres no point in buying anything other than that, if i want glycol i can get that from work but i didnt think glycol made much of a difference thermally until you get to near freezing.

i think £70 may be tight but if i can bring it in under £100 then thats fine. i just said £70 as i dont want to break the £100 barrier.

As far as i can work out the res is just a plasic box so that wont affect performance at all. ive worked out that my pump will pump at 700lph with a 0 head so about 550 with rad and block restrictions.

id even use second hand stuff, but the major question is what performance increase will there be over a H100i? the system will hold a ton of water, probably close to 6ltrs.

Im just trying to reuse some bits i have and fashion them into a half decent cooling system, but only if its going to out perform what i currently have.

is the Thermochill PA120.3 still a good rad?
Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED

Old 22-02-13, 07:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
around £70.

rad block and fittings is all i really need to worry about as the tubing is reletively cheap as is distilled water. Theres no point in buying anything other than that, if i want glycol i can get that from work but i didnt think glycol made much of a difference thermally until you get to near freezing.

i think £70 may be tight but if i can bring it in under £100 then thats fine. i just said £70 as i dont want to break the £100 barrier.

As far as i can work out the res is just a plasic box so that wont affect performance at all. ive worked out that my pump will pump at 700lph with a 0 head so about 550 with rad and block restrictions.

id even use second hand stuff, but the major question is what performance increase will there be over a H100i? the system will hold a ton of water, probably close to 6ltrs.

Im just trying to reuse some bits i have and fashion them into a half decent cooling system, but only if its going to out perform what i currently have.
you won't even get a rad and a block for less than 100 pounds.
Old 22-02-13, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

nay sayers! lol.

not everything has to be a fortune and new and shiney. it has to be neat and function.

so..... is the PA120.3 still a pretty good rad?
what are the advantages temperature wise of a custom loop over an all in one closed loop system?

can anyone answer the last question?
Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED

Old 22-02-13, 10:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
nay sayers! lol.

not everything has to be a fortune and new and shiney. it has to be neat and function.
mate it just doesnt make any sense to do that. get an all in one kit, the h100i doesnt perform that much worse than a custom loop.
Old 22-02-13, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

I already have a H100.

I have just picked up a thermochill 360 rad and 3 GT's for £50!

So that's £50 left for a block and connectors.

So what recommendations please.
Corsair CX750M
EVGA GTX 770 CLASSIFIED