Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-06-08, 10:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Nvidia accused of cheating again

"Cheats never prosper"...or do they?

Details in the news article

Old 24-06-08, 11:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
LOL. This shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. nVidia cheats for 3dMark score increases all the time, the shady little buggers.

On the other hand however, if they have found a way to make the test run faster on their hardware with the use of software tweaking, bravo.... Let 'em I say.
Old 24-06-08, 12:11 PM
OC3D Elite

I disagree with the theory here.

Futuremark should, imo anyway, be using the PhysX thing properly. Using PhysX as it was intended or omitt it altogether.

What do I mean by that ? Well I have a PhysX pci card, and it doesn`t come on during a test. U would or should think, that a benchmark that includes PhysX should be boosted by the introduction of a processor for it.

So what`s the point in having a software PhysX test ? and if nVidia`s new drivers are boosting this, I don`t see it as cheating myself.

Old 24-06-08, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

To quote a comment
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen

I have actually come across some information that may surprise you, might not. Futuremark, prior to this article, had even contacted Charlie and flat out told him that Nvidia was not cheating. Yes, Nvidia needs to submit drivers for approval, but thats about the only part Charlie got right.

This is yet another smear campaign by Charlie who holds quite a lot of hatred for the boys and girls at Nvidia.

Charlie's hatred of Nvidia is in fact, well, legendary. He never gets invited to events and he has his tantrums over it. He pretends to blow it off and say it doesn't matter to him, but then look what he does! My information is accurate folks. Right from the mouth of Futuremark. Charlie makes stuff up as he goes along. Somebody give this boy some Enphamil and a rattle!

I know you do this in part to get hits on your site, and at this point, I think the inquirer is too far gone for any sort of redemption. You'd have a long hard road to earn back whatever little credibility you once had. (And that was not much).

-Magnum Opus

posted by : Magnum Opus, 24 June 2008
Old 24-06-08, 12:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah well good luck to em...

ATI's last cards smashed the 3DMark benches out of the park but failed to do the same in real games. That's misleading if you ask me anyway.

Coupled with the fact Sapphire are actually plastered in one of the Vantage tests.. I think they have a slight advantage on how to program the drivers to get the highest 3DMark scores.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 24-06-08, 01:24 PM
OC3D Elite

So this isnt really cheating. This is meaning that the PhysX code in the dirvers is properly being utilized by the GPU. THat is all. What a load of bullocks i say.

Edit:Just saw Nicks post lol.
Old 24-06-08, 04:34 PM

Now ATI will have to go with PhysX or there won't be any more FM WR's for them
Old 24-06-08, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Shouldn't this article be revoked until it's confirmed? Or at the very least reworded?
Old 24-06-08, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Kempez'
Now ATI will have to go with PhysX or there won't be any more FM WR's for them
http://www.overclock3d.net/news.php?...ls_for_physx/1

Old 24-06-08, 10:44 PM

That's not official and AMD have subsequently denied it