Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-06-08, 10:41 AM
OC3D Elite

AMD Demonstrates the Cinema 2.0 Experience

AMD claims that Cinema 2.0 "Punches Hole in ‘Sensory Barrier’ Separating Cinema and Games"...

Make up your mind after reading the news article

Old 17-06-08, 11:42 AM
OC3D Elite

this is some pretty hawt stuff

Old 18-06-08, 04:39 PM

whoa now THATS gfx
Old 20-06-08, 08:30 AM

2.0 my ass! Can they please finally stop using that ultra stupid "buzz-version"?

It was annoying when they invented the "Web 2.0"-term and it gets even more so when applied to EVERYTHING new...

But on the topic - that's what they say every time a new graphics card hits the market. I remember very similar words when they released the Voodoo 2.

So nothing to get excited about, at all. Just wait for benchmarks of the rv770 to see what it's really capable of.
Old 20-06-08, 10:05 AM
OC3D Elite

That is some serious stuff! The city looks very realistic but Ruby still looks fake; cartoony, as does the robot.

Vantage score for 2 r770's in CF = X14K, 280's in tri-sli got X17K iirc...
Old 20-06-08, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

I think its a bit misleading what actually this refers to...the term cinema 2.0 that ATI/AMD are spouting is the development of where movies become interactive...not of the graphics capabilities of there new cards...I watched a 2 hour conference at computex about it...and jeez was it boring...but the emphasis of the development is to bridge the gap between cinema and games...utilising there new graphics cards we will have an interactive cinema experience....not as is percieved, making games look more like cinema....its all fancy talk...sounds interesting but comparing it to devlopments in cinema such as THX and 70mm I think is a bit premature considering all theyve got to show us is an 11second clip that looks like an average (at best) game...we'll have to wait and see...but ive got this feeling that it will end up as a "choose your own adventure" style cinema experience ...god I used to love those books