Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-06-08, 12:41 AM
OC3D Elite

GTX 280 & GTX 260 Final Specs & Performance

Final specs have been released for Nvidia's GTX 280 and GTX 260 as well as a small insight into what to expect Crysis-performance-wise.

For all the juicy details.. Click Here!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 12-06-08, 03:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
While Nvidia have claimed that one GTX 280 will be enough for Crysis at 1920x1200, it seems that a single GTX 280 powering a 24" monitor (1920x1200) with FSAA 4X with the beta drivers left the card gasping. Perhaps without the AA filter, 1920x1200 with very high detail might produce decent FPS but we'll have to wait and see.

If you happen to play at a monster resolution of something like 2560x1600, then you will need to SLI-up and get two of these babies. Even then it looks highly unlikely that you will be able to run the game with all the goodies (FSAA) turned up.
Thats becasue its buggy as crap. Its the new age Oblivion.
Old 12-06-08, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
Thats becasue its buggy as crap. Its the new age Oblivion.
yep but its a very good benchmark tool aswell, anyway thanks for quick review , i cant wait to see those babies fully reviewed and tested, hope the price will not be to high.

By the way , when ATI will show their new cards?

Old 12-06-08, 05:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Lol i dont find buggy stuff good benching tools. It just gives people a reason to try and have the hottest and latest stuff to try and max out the game. If you think about it, almost seems like a sham from the creators or Nvidia.
Old 12-06-08, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
Lol i dont find buggy stuff good benching tools. It just gives people a reason to try and have the hottest and latest stuff to try and max out the game. If you think about it, almost seems like a sham from the creators or Nvidia.
If you look around all big companys are doing like that , They pick a title and try to sell their products with it,second thing if you are not a 16 yr old kid you wont upgrade your computer just becouse manufaturer will promiss you 5 more fps on a some game...

About games and bugs , every game has it (beside tetris), thats why i said i`m waiting for full review to see its actual performance.

Old 12-06-08, 09:00 AM
OC3D Elite

If the rumours are ture I'm not happy.

Quote:
While Nvidia have claimed that one GTX 280 will be enough for Crysis at 1920x1200, it seems that a single GTX 280 powering a 24" monitor (1920x1200) with FSAA 4X with the beta drivers left the card gasping.
Buggy or not the latest and greatest gpu's should be able to handle a 7 month old game maxed at my native res. What about FC2? That is going to be demanding, probably more so than crysis.

I was selling my gx2 but I think I'll hold onto it until I see full reviews. Besides I said I wouldn't upgrade my PC until end Aug/Nehalem
Old 12-06-08, 09:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Looking like it will be disappointing.

Old 12-06-08, 12:27 PM
OC3D Elite

As with all recent Nvidia hardware.

Quote:
If you look around all big companys are doing like that , They pick a title and try to sell their products with it,second thing if you are not a 16 yr old kid you wont upgrade your computer just becouse manufaturer will promiss you 5 more fps on a some game...
I can assure you more than 16yo kids upgrade their pc to get more than 5fps increase. *Mr Smith cough* hehe jk
Old 12-06-08, 01:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Smith'
If the rumours are ture I'm not happy.

Buggy or not the latest and greatest gpu's should be able to handle a 7 month old game maxed at my native res. What about FC2? That is going to be demanding, probably more so than crysis.

I was selling my gx2 but I think I'll hold onto it until I see full reviews. Besides I said I wouldn't upgrade my PC until end Aug/Nehalem
Well that part might not be rumours.. They reckon they actually had a play on it at those settings and that card didn't like it one bit.

It's now my native res too and was hoping it would be enough
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 12-06-08, 03:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Nvidia changes GT200 dates again

Also changes prices and adds a PhysX driver

NVIDIA IS CHANGING the GT200 launch date again, this whole 'let's prove them wrong when they leak' thing is getting tiring. That said, there are a few goodies here and there in the email that Ken Brown sent yesterday.

The meat of the email that went out to reviewers is that the launch date has moved from the 17th to the 16th at 6am PDT. They claim that the 280 will be available the next day, and the 260 comes later, on the 26th. One word to reviewers, make sure you check the retail prices with partners before you quote price/performance numbers, NV has a dirty tricks campaign lined up here, we told you they would have to drop the price when they saw the 770 number, and they did.

There are also a bunch of new things on the NV press FTP site, including 177.34 drivers, up from the 177.26 we tested with. We would be shocked if these were not special press-tweaked drivers, so beware of scores tested with these last-minute releases. Also included are a [email protected] client, now possible due to the unbreaking of their architecture this time around, the Elemental "Badaboom!" encoding application, and a bunch of documentation.

Speaking of tweaked drivers, the next new one is coming next week, and it is a PhysX driver. Look for this one to pump 3DMark Vantage scores to the moon, you can do that when you own the API. Sigh.

The more things change, the more they are gamable. µ

INQ
@ PP - lol. Hey, I want at least 10fps this time! In fact, 20fps, 1920x1200, turbo everything, max AA/AF... Yeah.