Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 27-05-08, 10:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Abit To Phase Out Of Motherboard Market?

Are abit about to throw in the towel?

Details in the news article

Old 27-05-08, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Damn it would be sad to see them go. Ive been a fan of their motherboards since I had an Abit AN8-SLI a few years ago. Thing I love most about their motherboards is that GURU technology which makes it easy as hell to OC towards enthusiast motherboards these days that have so many options I dont know what to do with them. I just wish that motherboard manufacturers would have an easy OC function in their bios like the GURU technology. Anyway if they do decide to pull out I will buy a P45 board for remberance of my favourite motherboard manufacturer.
Asus Z170-P D3
16GB Kingston HyperX 1866 - Corsair HX1000
BENQ XL2411Z - Asus Xonar D2 - Logitech Z906

Old 27-05-08, 11:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah I also hope this isn't true. They did make some damn fine mobo's in the early years. They just need a bit of guidance on their most recent boards.

I'm not sure if we've not really been in the loop with them recently, but they do seem a bit silent on the enthusiast board releases and I cant say that I've come across an Abit board while browsing the latest releases on retailers stores.

Got to show them some OC3D love for putting our logo in their IP35 BIOS.
Old 27-05-08, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Yes the last 2 Abit motherboards I had since january I had to RMA because the first board (IP35 Pro) lthe Ethernet connections on the back of it died for no reason and the second (Ex38 Quad GT) was DOA. I know my sig says I have an Abit board but that sig is old. I am now using a Gigabyte motherboard with just over a month now. But I am still an ABIT Fanboy.
Asus Z170-P D3
16GB Kingston HyperX 1866 - Corsair HX1000
BENQ XL2411Z - Asus Xonar D2 - Logitech Z906

Old 27-05-08, 12:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Agreed. It would be terribly sad if abit were to fade into obscurity. They made some really fine motherboards in the past as Jim said, but have lost their way a little with more recent offerings
Old 27-05-08, 02:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Twood suck if they decided to throw in the towel. I had one of the first uGuru mobo's with my 939.. Was awesome.

Nearly bought an IP35 Pro the other day too....

Thing is a hell of a lot of rumours have at least a tiny hint of truth in them. Let's hope this is one of the ones that doesn't
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 27-05-08, 03:16 PM

That would be a pita since after the succes of the IP35 Pro , I was looking what they got in their sleeves in the future boards :X
Old 27-05-08, 03:24 PM
OC3D Crew

What was the point in making that motherboard that is capable of delivering faster graphics than HDMI (something like that)
Old 27-05-08, 06:27 PM

It would be a sad day to see Abit go, they make/have made some awesome mobo's
Old 27-05-08, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

afaik the IP35 series has been a big success for them.

They've also just taken on a new UK sales manager.

The problem with rumours like this is that they can become self-fulfilling prophecies, that's what happened with abit last time before USI got involved. People held off buying mobos because of the rumours & that of course affected their income/cash flow & their ability to introduce new models> fewer new models>fewer people buying their board> etc. etc. - a vicious spiral.

Interestingly Fudzilla, The Inquirer & The Register haven't anything on this story & they tend to have their ear to the ground.

& it appears to have been rebutted http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showpo...42&postcount=1

Tbh I think that the long term future of all the second tier manufacturers (abit, Biostar, DFI etc.) is under some doubt for mainstream mobos as Asus, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte & MSI (I even have doubts about MSI) are just in a different league in terms of volume & therefore economies of scale.

If they can't find a sizeable niche that they can call their own ...