Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 01-04-08, 10:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Another Blu-Ray for the Xbox 360 rumor

Lite-On confirms blu-ray for the 360, but does MS?

News Article.

Old 01-04-08, 10:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Stupid thing about the whole situation, with not just m$ but sony and friends, is that the tech has come along so that u can buy a usb drive and plug it in - and away you go.

There`s the theory - and it sounds marvellous.

But no, hardware console/pc manufacturers seem to go out of their way to stop this.

Want a keyboard for your ps3 ? Should be able to pick up any1 and just plug it in. Want to use a mouse on ur 360 ? Should be able to plug any ole £2.00 usb mouse in and away u go.

No no, block it, prevent it, can`t have that. Here`s our m$ mouse rrp £30.00. Here`s our Sony keyboard £50.00.

Old 01-04-08, 11:42 AM

You can plug and play a keyboard for the PS3. In fact if game devs actually utilise it, keyboard+mouse functionality works perfectly on the PS3 (ala UT3). The 360 also works with every keyboard I've tried with it.

Actually I partly agree with MS in that mice should be the domain of the hardcore PC user, consoles just don't bring that kind of "play alone in a room" thing with them, they should be all about playing with your mates on the sofa.
Old 01-04-08, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

How bizarre, my nephew`s 2nd and 3rd 360s wouldn`t work with a standard HP usb keyboard and mouse. (3rd one is now dead too btw, works for 5/10 mins)

The example is a bad one, but what it was meant to relate to is u should be able to buy a USB->Bluray and just plug it in.