Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 31-03-08, 05:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Creative enrage fanbase with custom driver comment

Creative have enraged a large section of their own users with a statement they released on their forum aimed towards Daniel_K, a custom driver creator.

Read the full story here.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 31-03-08, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

38 Pages in 18 hours. <-- Link..

Not really looked into this all too deeply, but it sounds like a bit of a bum move by Creative. They should have hired this guy, not asked him to stop!

Wigs.x

Stuff I Don't Want.
Old 31-03-08, 05:59 PM
OC3D Elite

the backlash has grown very large over a short period of time over this incident.

creative have really messed up by posting this cease and desist letter on a public forum,that has to be one of the worst PR mistakes ever
Old 31-03-08, 06:04 PM
OC3D Elite

They have every right to ask him to stop but to do it publicly is just plain rude. Especially when they're too incompetent to create functioning drivers themselves. Bad bad move creative

Old 31-03-08, 06:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Nices Article Bungy!

Lets just say, if Creative didn't have such sh*t drivers people would do it.

Old 31-03-08, 06:15 PM
OC3D Elite

"There are several issues at hand, one is the Vista support for the older Audigy cards, something Creative charges for. Daniel has been offering this for free, at the same time asking for donations for the time spent modifying Creative IP. He also unlocked other features with the X-Fi series, which was only available in Windows XP before. Creative have all the right to tell him to stop, but no comments have been made to whether they will do something about the driver support.

Several users have now registered complaints with the state authorities, and are even looking into class action suits against Creative. We can't imagine Creative was expecting this kind of rampage, and we're wondering if this will change its approach to the Vista support. We knew that Creative drivers were poor, but this was really unexpected. "

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7577.html

EDIT: things just keep getting worse for them,after all, America is the land of the courtroom if things keep going this way they could spend a lot of time in court over this,which is stupid,but their own fault
Old 31-03-08, 06:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='nepas'
"There are several issues at hand, one is the Vista support for the older Audigy cards, something Creative charges for. Daniel has been offering this for free, at the same time asking for donations for the time spent modifying Creative IP. He also unlocked other features with the X-Fi series, which was only available in Windows XP before. Creative have all the right to tell him to stop, but no comments have been made to whether they will do something about the driver support.

Several users have now registered complaints with the state authorities, and are even looking into class action suits against Creative. We can't imagine Creative was expecting this kind of rampage, and we're wondering if this will change its approach to the Vista support. We knew that Creative drivers were poor, but this was really unexpected. "

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7577.html

EDIT: things just keep getting worse for them,after all, America is the land of the courtroom if things keep going this way they could spend a lot of time in court over this,which is stupid,but their own fault
Thing is its kinda up to them what they do... As bad as it is they surely aren't breaking the law.. Just means they suck and will lose business.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 31-03-08, 06:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'
Nices Article Bungy!

Lets just say, if Creative didn't have such sh*t drivers people would do it.
Ahh didn't see this.. Ta ToxY.

True though... If they weren't trying to mug people out of features and could get some stable drivers then there wouldn't be a problem.
Old 31-03-08, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Haha, that was just too funny! :P Now that's how a great PR-stunt is done! Way to go Creative! Btw, I bought a SB Live!-card once, never going back to Creative, ever. The driver-support was terrible, and I ended up using some generic Realtek-driver instead. Now, I just use the onboard-sound, and it works great for me (although I had to RMA my last mobo cause of non-working TOSlink). :P

Not updated 3Dmark06 top score: 19995 / 14772 (Full AA/AF)
Old 31-03-08, 07:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Just wanted to point out the spelling mistake in the title of both the thread and the news item

Quote:
Creative engrage fanbase

i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz | 16G DDR3 | P8Z68-V GEN3 | Archlinux | Ryzen 7 Soon?