Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 05-07-05, 07:16 PM
OC3D Crew

Ati Crossfire Cracked!!

Some guys over at HKEPC have successfully cracked crossfire and they successfully ran two Ati cards without the need for a Crossfire Edition Card also they successfully ran x700 and x300 cards together in crossfire mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DGuru
The folks at HKEPC have successfully deciphered how the whole ATI Crossfire perception actually works. As a result, they are able to run two slaves cards in Crossfire without the need for the Crossfire edition master card.

The remarkable thing though has to be that they have done that one X850, X700 and X300SE HM all worked on Crossfire!
They successfully did it after a month by reverse engineering the VGA Bios and Drivers. This shows that the Composition Engine isn't needed for Crossfire to work.

Here are some results:
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='3DGuru
[IMG] http://www.guru3d.com/admin/imageview.php?image=5273[/IMG']
Source: Guru3D

Link to the article @ HKEPC

Note this needs to be translated if anybody succefuly translates it pls post

EDIT: There isn't a direct link for the image. Sry

Old 05-07-05, 07:20 PM

I think its in chinese mate.

Translation here

Nice work balilu!
Old 05-07-05, 07:23 PM
OC3D Crew

10x for the linkage kempez

Old 05-07-05, 10:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
ATi got :0wned:
Old 05-07-05, 11:53 PM
OC3D Elite

i wonder how the will deal with this lol
Old 06-07-05, 12:21 AM
OC3D Crew

hm. Thats interesting now isnt it ? I guess ATI will somehow outlaw it to have these kind's of GFX Card technologies.

Timezone GMT+1
Old 06-07-05, 10:03 AM
OC3D Crew

well i don't think ati will make this official so if somebody wants to do it he has to use reversed engineered bios and drivers and this would void the warranty and may also destroy their cards and the drivers may not be that stable and may also have some features missing.

and also i don't think that there will be a dedicated team to reverse engineer the bios and drivers. and if there would be that would take them about a month to do so if there is an issue with a game you have to wait a whole month for a reverse engineered driver to be released and this may not be liked by everyone

Old 06-07-05, 10:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by balilu
well i don't think ati will make this official so if somebody wants to do it he has to use reversed engineered bios and drivers and this would void the warranty and may also destroy their cards and the drivers may not be that stable and may also have some features missing.

and also i don't think that there will be a dedicated team to reverse engineer the bios and drivers. and if there would be that would take them about a month to do so if there is an issue with a game you have to wait a whole month for a reverse engineered driver to be released and this may not be liked by everyone
yes there wouldnt be a point in it to time consuming, so on ati's side of things that is good
Old 11-07-05, 04:41 PM

This should be quite useful though, seeing as somone could combine two x800xl's or a decent card with a cheaper one that had a decent amount of video ram
Old 12-07-05, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='kawasakiguy37'
This should be quite useful though, seeing as somone could combine two x800xl's or a decent card with a cheaper one that had a decent amount of video ram
Yeah it would be pretty good to up the performance of a budget/mid-spec system I agree.

And hello again