Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-07-07, 02:40 PM
PV5150 PV5150 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,934
NewerTech Unveils 1TB MINISTACK v3

Relative newcomers to the mass storage market - NewerTech, has recently released its 1Tb MINISTACK.

Link

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
"Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel may be 12-time world gaming champ, but how does he cope inside a 50c hot box sucking on a heavy load?":rocker::rocker:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-07, 02:48 PM
flib flib is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 55
That's a lot of space! Other than for server usage, I've no idea how people can even fill such things. Bought myself 2x 320gb drives a while back, and can't even fill them which is why I sold one recently.

Looks a very nice product though, very slick.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-07, 02:58 PM
PV5150 PV5150 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,934
Yeah they are a very slick looking unit I'd have one in a flash.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Jim'
"Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendel may be 12-time world gaming champ, but how does he cope inside a 50c hot box sucking on a heavy load?":rocker::rocker:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-07, 03:08 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,421
Some excellent connectivity going on there. They have a fair bit of competition on the market for that kind of product. Wireless connection would be nice.

What would really impress me, is if a manuf found a way to power these outside of using adapters.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-07, 03:54 PM
Raging Raging is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='flib'
That's a lot of space! Other than for server usage, I've no idea how people can even fill such things.
when you take into account why most people will need the storage its not so hard to figure out,examples.

a dvd rip 700mb,13 ep series,just over 2gb,24 ep series over 4gb etc etc

i prefer to watch+store my media on my pc,especially if you have a good size widescreen monitor

its a pretty nice bit of kit but i bet the 1tb version will cost a shizload

gimme a set of 500gb drives anyday,i could do with it since my 250gb drive is full
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-07, 04:05 PM
Toxcity Toxcity is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,970
Nice look nice bit of kit in my eyes!

But $160 for 160GB! A little expensive?
__________________
Main System: Intel i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-07, 04:08 PM
Rastalovich's Avatar
Rastalovich Rastalovich is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Testing hardware somewhere
Posts: 11,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Raging'
when you take into account why most people will need the storage its not so hard to figure out,examples.

a dvd rip 700mb,13 ep series,just over 2gb,24 ep series over 4gb etc etc

i prefer to watch+store my media on my pc,especially if you have a good size widescreen monitor

its a pretty nice bit of kit but i bet the 1tb version will cost a shizload

gimme a set of 500gb drives anyday,i could do with it since my 250gb drive is full
Ya and u have people like Sky allowing downloading of their shows`n`stuff. Now doubt Virgin do something similar.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.