Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 27-05-17, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
How generous of you
Thanks!

I got hit on the head last year and I became philanthropic.

Old 27-05-17, 03:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Oh well to be fair, the Beyer T1 did come out virtually 3 years earlier, so for the same price the Grados are, you would expect them to be better.
Beyers came out beginning of 2011 and the Grados around March 2014 afaik. So I would expect them to be much better.
Now if you compared to the T1s successor, the Beyer Amiron, I'm sure it would be a much closer match
Very probably yes. I guess again it comes down to taste, but the Grados are as close to perfect as I've heard. The detail and soundstage is just mind blowing. If they had the lower end? dear god, I don't think anything at any price could beat them.

I don't really buy headphones trying to beat them any way. That could be done but would mean stepping up a level from £500 headphones and start auditioning more expensive ones which isn't about to happen any time soon. I just like a change now and then, and considering I spend about 14 hours + a day wearing the things a change can be good.

I literally use all of them.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 28-05-17, 02:33 AM

I just ordered a set of custom cables in this color scheme:

Old 28-05-17, 04:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Army of Darkside fittings!!!

And a Singularity Computers reservoir and D5 pump top:

/ 360 rad x 3 / dual D5 vario pumps
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

My Sony batteries for my e-cig started peeling a little around the top the other day. They're around six months old and they keep making the cig cut out. Annoying. So I ordered a couple of sammy 3000MAH.

And finally ! those of you who have seen the wreck that is my Razer Goliathus will know I promised myself one of these a year ago. I've gone to buy one several times, but never liked any of them. This Tek Syndicate one was awesome though and only £6 inc with Prime.

My Razer is 900x450 IIRC. Thing is my mouse mat is half on half off, so I got a 250mm deep one as I don't need it that deep

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
My Sony batteries for my e-cig started peeling a little around the top the other day. They're around six months old and they keep making the cig cut out. Annoying. So I ordered a couple of sammy 3000MAH.

And finally ! those of you who have seen the wreck that is my Razer Goliathus will know I promised myself one of these a year ago. I've gone to buy one several times, but never liked any of them. This Tek Syndicate one was awesome though and only £6 inc with Prime.

My Razer is 900x450 IIRC. Thing is my mouse mat is half on half off, so I got a 250mm deep one as I don't need it that deep
I like Samsung batteries, they seem to last longer than Sony or LG in terms of charging and using them. I have 6 Samsung 25R's and a couple of LG's and then LG's normally only last me about 4 hours but a pair of the Samsung's last around 7 hours, although I am using them in my Smok Alien 220w at 100w with my TF-V12 tank.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
OC3D Elite

I forget what I am using now itazte VTR? it only uses the one battery at a time. The Sonys are OK, just not really built to be used a lot. My wife has the Sammys, so I just repeated the order on Amazon. They took quite a bit longer to charge than my Sonys, so hoping that is because they will last longer.

I stopped using dual coils lately because it was making me feel really sick and dizzy. Plus of course the raging thirst. So I dug through the drawers and found my wife had a 4 packs of coils stashed. Just the old Kangertech 2 ohm single coils. Wasn't going to turn my nose up at 20 free coils though, so I just dug out my old aerotank which just about fits the VTR and I use that now. Going through a lot less liquid too !

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

just ordered this baby ,, think i might have bitten off more than i can chew but going to have a go wish me luck Click image for larger version

Name:	ek-fb_asus_r5-e10_monoblock_rgb_edition_front_1600.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	11892
Old Today, 12:14 PM
OC3D Elite

I bought myself a project for a whopping £15 inc. (that includes the veneer @ £5 lol)

And what it will hopefully resemble.

Note it says "Bass on Musical Fidelity X10-D" well apparently it is. It's also about ten times cheaper and from the reviews I read equally as good.

I kinda cocked up before by first buying a Little Dot MK1 and falling in love with it, then thinking that the LD2 would be better so when the LD1 packed up I ordered the more expensive LD2. Sadly all valve power meant that it was not enough to drive some of my headphones and would distort. As a last gasp effort I ended up running the pre out only line out of the LD2 into my Graham Slee Novo. The sound was incredible. Sadly it seems these amps are all made like crap so the LD2 failed and Amazon did not have any more in stock. It failed in exactly the same way. Left channel went missing, came back if you tipped the valve or pressed on the body. Obviously some guy can't solder properly. So I am going to make my own pre replacement. I've chosen this for the top.

Walnut burr. Should look bostin with 500ml of laquer on it