Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 08-03-18, 02:50 PM
OC3D Elite

It also great when you approach a space station from the wrong side, or when you have no idea where the landing pad is. Let the computer take care of it, while you refill your wine / beer / snacks!

Old 08-03-18, 02:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Just trying it out gotta set up the voice pack next

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 08-03-18, 07:02 PM
OC3D Crew

Looks great. How are you getting on with them?

I really like that design. Makes my old Thrustmaster Cougar set look plain and dull.

I really need to try voice attack, however the game doesn't play nice with my bluetooth headset. I have to disable the mic to get stereo audio.
Old 08-03-18, 07:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
Looks great. How are you getting on with them?

I really like that design. Makes my old Thrustmaster Cougar set look plain and dull.

I really need to try voice attack, however the game doesn't play nice with my bluetooth headset. I have to disable the mic to get stereo audio.
For £115 i'm impressed tbh but it does need "fine tuning" as does voice attack with the HCS packs

Commander Tolemac reporting in with his ship Lollipop's Revolt o7

Lollipop is my pet dog btw

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 08-03-18, 09:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post

Just trying it out gotta set up the voice pack next
Nice work. I have the left forefinger four way hat switch set up for vertical/horizontal thrusters, comes in really handy.

Docking computers are great on larger ships but don't 100% rely on them keeping you safe . Sometimes you hit the deck pretty hard. Shame you can't map the computer to a switch or button. You have to manually disable it in the flight control panel if you don't want it to auto-activate. If you're hands on then you hit zero throttle at all as you're just about to touch down the computer can send you back into the landing pattern which is frustrating as you usually hit the lights or tower near the landing pad.

Don't forget that while there's nothing stopping you entering the station upside down or back the font, if you enter the with the Green light on the Right of your ship - Red is left (Port), Right is Green (Starboard) - then the Landing pads are always numbered the same. This helps you locate Docking bay 22 for example as it's always in the same direction. Saves you running out of time looking for your landing pad.

I have voice attack but rarely use it -mainly because the mic is on my headset and I use speakers most of the time.

It would be nice to get one with attitude.
Like when you fall out of supercruise for being too close to the star it gives you some Rogue One K-2SO - "That was bad. That was really bad."

Old 08-03-18, 11:35 PM
OC3D Elite

I have my thrusters set the same I made this small YT video I just couldn't remember the comms channel voice command

Old 09-03-18, 08:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
For £115 i'm impressed tbh but it does need "fine tuning" as does voice attack with the HCS packs

Commander Tolemac reporting in with his ship Lollipop's Revolt o7

Lollipop is my pet dog btw
As I mentioned. Voice attack gets better every time your run the microsoft speech recognition tool.

It uses that tool to adapt to your view. After 5 run throughs, VA recognises all my words even if I mumble them now.
Old 09-03-18, 03:13 PM
The Webmaster

Nice, protip, find a way to lower the throttle and stick from an arms raised position, to an arms by your side or on your lap position (or lower ideally) and it'l help with your shoulders/arms/wrists a LOT in the long term.
There's a reason our ingame cmdr's have them where they are
Lollipops revenge is a good name for a ship , time to earn some credits now eh, 1000 won't last long
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 09-03-18, 03:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Nice, protip, find a way to lower the throttle and stick from an arms raised position, to an arms by your side or on your lap position (or lower ideally) and it'l help with your shoulders/arms/wrists a LOT in the long term.
There's a reason our ingame cmdr's have them where they are
Lollipops revenge is a good name for a ship , time to earn some credits now eh, 1000 won't last long
Thanks for the tip Sub i'm sure my woodworking skills will come in handy there

Old 09-03-18, 03:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Sub i'm sure my woodworking skills will come in handy there
Lucky man, with those skills! I ended up shelling out serious $$$ for MonsterTech HOTAS mounts. $420CDN later, for a sub-$200 HOTAS, just because of lack of skills! But I must say it makes sooooo much difference, and it WILL save your shoulders.

Be sure to make a DIY thread on those when you get at it, that would be awesome to see!