Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 21-01-16, 03:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Protective case (and a screen protector) for my Xiaomi. Its a bit bling but atleast I didn't go for the gold one!
Which model is it mate? It looks very nice. I've been looking more and more at the Chinese phones, and some of them spec wise seem too good to be true.

It's OK mate, I found it, Xiaomi Mi4i, how does it perform mate?

Old 21-01-16, 03:57 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post

It's OK mate, I found it, Xiaomi Mi4i, how does it perform mate?
Its very nippy and looks beautiful. really well built too. Nothing at that price range comes close IMO.

HOWEVER,
as we can't get them in the UK you have to risk buying them off ebay/amazon sellers. My phone came from a reseller who appears to have bought it from a company in what I think is thailand. A normal Xioami has no bloateware/malicious apps. This one came with an app well known for being a trojan and a couple of other bits of junk. The only way I could get rid of it was by downloading the latest firmware off the Xiaomi site. Not a hard task and it even has step by step guides on performing the upgrade. Once upgraded however it has been lovely. -edit- updating the firmware did get rid of 4g support however their is a fan site that has a rom that works on UK 4g bands. As I almost always have a wi-fi signal its not an issue for me but I'll update it at some point.

I also had to set my localisation to the Falkland isles as the UK wasn't an option .
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 21-01-16, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Its very nippy and looks beautiful. really well built too. Nothing at that price range comes close IMO.

HOWEVER,
as we can't get them in the UK you have to risk buying them off ebay/amazon sellers. My phone came from a reseller who appears to have bought it from a company in what I think is thailand. A normal Xioami has no bloateware/malicious apps. This one came with an app well known for being a trojan and a couple of other bits of junk. The only way I could get rid of it was by downloading the latest firmware off the Xiaomi site. Not a hard task and it even has step by step guides on performing the upgrade. Once upgraded however it has been lovely. -edit- updating the firmware did get rid of 4g support however their is a fan site that has a rom that works on UK 4g bands. As I almost always have a wi-fi signal its not an issue for me but I'll update it at some point.

I also had to set my localisation to the Falkland isles as the UK wasn't an option .
How much did you pay? It can't be far off a OnePlus X.
Old 21-01-16, 04:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Found it on Banggood in their UK warehouse and they're a pretty legit company selling loads of Chinese stuff. Probably your best bet at getting a clean version:
http://m.banggood.com/EU-Warehouse-X...p-1017434.html

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 21-01-16, 05:04 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
How much did you pay? It can't be far of a OnePlus X.
They go for £150 usually. Mine was slightly less.

Its got a more powerful processor than the One Plus BUT no expandable storage (16gb) and 2GB ram.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Old 21-01-16, 05:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
oh i've got a MI4, its freaking awesome, only complaint i have is the 4G doesnt work on my band which is why i dont use it
Old 21-01-16, 05:20 PM

Quote:
They go for £150 usually. Mine was slightly less.

Its got a more powerful processor than the One Plus BUT no expandable storage (16gb) and 2GB ram.
Ah right, I think I'd personally go for the OPX, more RAM is king on Android.
Old 21-01-16, 05:41 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
oh i've got a MI4, its freaking awesome, only complaint i have is the 4G doesnt work on my band which is why i dont use it
There is a ROM on here that'll sort out the 4g issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Ah right, I think I'd personally go for the OPX, more RAM is king on Android.
I personally don't like how the OPX looks. The ram would be nice but as I only really use my phone for communication stuff 2gb is fine for me at the moment. I've never ran into issues on my tablet and that has 2gb too.
Old 21-01-16, 05:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
There is a ROM on here that'll sort out the 4g issue .
You hero!!!

I know what im doing this weekend
Old 22-01-16, 04:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Just pulled the trigger on this baby, the Dell U3415W