Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 27-01-19, 02:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't see why IQ comes into it, I didn't get into any maths or anything, most of what I'm saying isn't really even specific to computers, you can apply this concept of work distribution to many assembly lines and such. I'm not tryna teach him the ins and outs of anything, just give pointers on general areas & topics that are relevant to the question and how they work together.

I'm not too sure what your problem is tbh, I'm not forcing either of you to read what I say, I know not everything I say will be accessible to everyone, but it's sometimes a fine line between being accurate & being accessible and I feel other people already have the latter part well covered. This isn't how I'd explain things to myself, more say a mechanical engineer or something with an interest in the topic, because at the end of the day these concepts are no more complicated than many we're familiar with in day to day life, they're just harder to observe, if you really want to learn about them then obviously just search for videos on this stuff mentioned & look at diagrams of it all.

This is the video often used to give an overview nowadays if you wanted a further understanding:

Old 27-01-19, 02:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
I don't see why IQ comes into it, I didn't get into any maths or anything, most of what I'm saying isn't really even specific to computers, you can apply this concept of work distribution to many assembly lines and such.
Of course it does. Look, you seem to be a very intelligent, knowledgeable guy. However, when you ramble on about technicalities and god knows what not people simply won't read it, or will try to and just get bored.

You're taking for granted your knowledge and so on and expecting every one else to keep up. Or, be as into the fine detail as you are.

The world doesn't work like that.

Old 27-01-19, 03:08 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't like to assume people want quick & easy explanations of everything because the internet is saturated with them, I think if you're going to simplify a concept till the point it no longer holds true in many real world applications you should at least give a little clause so that someone doesn't assume it's an absolute, because that's a mistake many in the tech community do & it can lead to all sorts of other wrong conclusions as a result if someone starts to get deep into it or even just when it comes to basic buying decisions, knowing that a 20% overclock won't give you a 20%/consistent performance boost and such can be quite useful to know, especially as some synthetic benches *can* scale abnormally well with clock speed due to these factors, otherwise certain things that are quite normal can appear quite weird, and people start to assume things are wrong when in fact they're quite alright.

It's worth noting these are fundamentally GCSE/A-level topics nowadays, the modern syllabus' go far deeper than the ICT rubbish we were unloaded with, and now we have 11 year olds and such with relatively solid grasps of languages like Python, and by 18 most A-Level Computer Science students will understand the bulk of what I've said here. If anything, I think if my explanations seem crazily unintuitive I'm probably just too young for you guys & start with a different set of basic assumptions.
Old 27-01-19, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

As someone whose shoe size is 43 European I find your way of writing absolutely fine tgrech.
Old 28-01-19, 11:35 AM

Wow.. information overload but all very interesting, what I understand of it anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any arguments so to speak but thank you for taking the time to explain things. I probably have the iQ of 5 but I'm slowly getting the grips of some of this techy talk. ��

I just enjoy building computers, using them and playing around testing things. The basics are helpful even in just understanding the reason for why your doing something and how it works.

Thanks again. Big ��
Old 28-01-19, 12:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemundo View Post
Wow.. information overload but all very interesting, what I understand of it anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any arguments so to speak but thank you for taking the time to explain things. I probably have the iQ of 5 but I'm slowly getting the grips of some of this techy talk. ��

I just enjoy building computers, using them and playing around testing things. The basics are helpful even in just understanding the reason for why your doing something and how it works.

Thanks again. Big ��
That was what I feared. It's like me asking how to connect an 8 pin and getting this in response.

" Maybe use iconic subinterlink with the ionizing master systems and the promethean phaser type-8 with psionic replicators instead?"

All well and good if you understand it, gobbledygook if you don't..