Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-11-21, 01:09 PM
News Guru

UK opens in-depth investigation into Nvidia's planned ARM buy-out

The UK's investigating Nvidia's ARM acquisition "on the grounds of competition and national security concerns".

Read more about the UK's investigation into Nvidia's ARM acquisition

Old 17-11-21, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

i really hope they say NO to this deal.
i don´t want nvidia, intel or AMD to buy ARM.
Old 17-11-21, 07:26 PM
Resident Newb

Someone will get paid off and the acquisition will go through, The UK has become highly corrupt.
Old 17-11-21, 09:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Someone will get paid off and the acquisition will go through, The UK has become highly corrupt.
Was going to say, considering it's the Tories, someone will have some vested interest in Nvidia's stock price which this will affect
Old 17-11-21, 10:56 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Was going to say, considering it's the Tories, someone will have some vested interest in Nvidia's stock price which this will affect
It's funny you think only a certain group of people would only benefit. Any politician will benefit. That's what they do. Take advantage of everything. Never trust just one side.

I'm just glad some in the UK are paying attention. ARM needs to stay independent.
Old 18-11-21, 09:51 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's funny you think only a certain group of people would only benefit. Any politician will benefit. That's what they do. Take advantage of everything. Never trust just one side.

I'm just glad some in the UK are paying attention. ARM needs to stay independent.

I don't trust any politician, All they do is make life difficult and bring laws in that benefit them but the tories are completely bent beyond anything previously seen, It's been nothing but constant lies and corruption for 10 years straight.
Old 18-11-21, 05:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I don't trust any politician, All they do is make life difficult and bring laws in that benefit them but the tories are completely bent beyond anything previously seen, It's been nothing but constant lies and corruption for 10 years straight.
I was about to say you were half way there.

None of them can be trusted. Ever.

You got one half who blows our money on immigrants and gets us into debt, and the other half not spending a penny on anything (austerity) apart from millions upon millions to their pals through companies supposedly providing services.

The only reason the Tories are in (and yes, it amazed me just as much) is because how awful Labour are. That's a really worrying situation.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 18-11-21, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I was about to say you were half way there.

None of them can be trusted. Ever.

You got one half who blows our money on immigrants and gets us into debt, and the other half not spending a penny on anything (austerity) apart from millions upon millions to their pals through companies supposedly providing services.

The only reason the Tories are in (and yes, it amazed me just as much) is because how awful Labour are. That's a really worrying situation.
I despise Politicians, being an ex Serviceman that's hardly surprising however.

Dominic Cummins no less pretty much summed up the last General Election when he said "It doesn't say much for the state of British politics when your choices were either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbin..."

Never truer words.
Old 18-11-21, 08:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
I despise Politicians, being an ex Serviceman that's hardly surprising however.

Dominic Cummins no less pretty much summed up the last General Election when he said "It doesn't say much for the state of British politics when your choices were either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbin..."

Never truer words.
He's just a burned bitch. Funny how he didn't say anything until he was kicked out of the circle.

He's sort of right though, but he's only saying that because he got himself booted out of the tufty club.

What I mean is, Starmer is quite possibly worse than the human tramp.

Labour? LOL don't make me laugh. A political organisation set up to support the working man. LOLOLOL.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 23-11-21, 02:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
This, if its not a torie themselves with a vested interest, it'll be a friend or financial backer.

It should be blocked and the government should be backing them to bosst their own research and build a homegrown technology sector within the UK to rival the American giants. But yeah if anyone connected to the current government stands to lose money or not make as much as they wanted to by this getting blocked, it'll go through.

While the UK government is extremely corrupt, no other government is any better and keeping the money in the pots that help them is the ONLY thing any government is interested in anymore. THEIR economy is what they're protecting not the constituents or the populace. Keeping the poor, poor and the rich, rich is capitalism goal number one, without poverty, capitalism is constrained. You need poor people to work for pittance or the whole thing collapses