Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 07-11-18, 11:07 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
If you bought legit fittings, every one of them comes with a spare O rings.
Not my BP. Monsoon did. Deffo legit (OCUK, little branded sealed baggies with BP logo). Bear in mind they were old man, 10/8. So that may be a thing BP do now.

I'm going to order some Barrows tomorrow. Thankfully the board CPU and ram my mate sent me arrived today so I am going to get that installed with 10, then start testing out the AC gear via a USB cable

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-11-18, 11:57 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Not my BP. Monsoon did. Deffo legit (OCUK, little branded sealed baggies with BP logo). Bear in mind they were old man, 10/8. So that may be a thing BP do now.

I'm going to order some Barrows tomorrow. Thankfully the board CPU and ram my mate sent me arrived today so I am going to get that installed with 10, then start testing out the AC gear via a USB cable
Hmm strange. I have been buying BP for the last 5 years and they have always had a spare O Ring in them. I have quite a collection of them these days, both 12/12 and 16/19, What Mark number is on them?

Should have a roman numeral to tell you the version. I believe current ones are IV and V.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-11-18, 01:21 PM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Not my BP. Monsoon did. Deffo legit (OCUK, little branded sealed baggies with BP logo). Bear in mind they were old man, 10/8. So that may be a thing BP do now.

I'm going to order some Barrows tomorrow. Thankfully the board CPU and ram my mate sent me arrived today so I am going to get that installed with 10, then start testing out the AC gear via a USB cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Hmm strange. I have been buying BP for the last 5 years and they have always had a spare O Ring in them. I have quite a collection of them these days, both 12/12 and 16/19, What Mark number is on them?

Should have a roman numeral to tell you the version. I believe current ones are IV and V.
There are a lot of knockoff BP fittings circulating the market. If you bought them from reputable seller (OCUK) you are good. But beware of too good deals.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-11-18, 01:28 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,363
There's no such thing as a "good deal" on ANYTHING that Bitspower sells, LOL! If you ever find a great deal on BP fittings, be VERY suspicious.
__________________
Guts: Ryzen 3900X / GB Aorus Master / 16GB TridentZ 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 240 rad / Heatkiller reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-11-18, 02:03 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
There's no such thing as a "good deal" on ANYTHING that Bitspower sells, LOL! If you ever find a great deal on BP fittings, be VERY suspicious.
Seriously guys come on, watch what you say. This is Caseking you are accusing here. Honestly, I don't want to get into trouble because some one is slandering them or libel etc.

I have no idea what generation they are. They are old, I know that, because no one makes 10/8 any more. However, both lots (all of the red ones, say about 23, and all of the white ones I have (about 15) are the same.



That is an example of the red. They are all identical, I bought the last of the stock on OCUK given how cheap it was.

This is the white, labelling logo identical (BTW FWIW those were sold as "Blood Red" fittings. However, the red ones came in these baggies. In fact *every single one* came in these baggies with BP barcodes on the back. The thing still in the baggie was something they sent me by accident (it was supposed to be a plug, I've got loads of those too)



They are machine sealed, probably to keep the orings from drying out/rotting like I've had on some fittings I bought (cheap 10/8, obs been sitting in a warehouse for years).

Don't forget, 10/8 were the first fittings like that (non barb). Then we went through all of the larger ones before moving to hard line etc. They could be 10+ years old.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitsp...wc-409-bp.html

There. Obs same gen, same markings. Not bought because spendy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-18, 02:14 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,993
Ffs.
.....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-18, 02:34 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,481
They aren't old.

Just different style. Still in production with Bitspower. Soft tubing is still a preferred choice for many. They are £4.50 on Bitspower site.

I guess the cost saving comes from the fact, no one uses that size. Even during my WC soft tubing days, 3/8 over 1/2 OD was the popular choice.

But yeah, if you need more, they are readily available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10_8.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	12585  
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-18, 02:56 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,993
Ah I see. Yeah, I very much doubt that at £4.50 you would get a second Oring. Maybe you do? IDK.

Good to see I can get more if I ever need them, though tbh? I have about 40 all told (red and white). What I do have are several premium caps (no cheap ones of those) and 60s, 90s etc. All premium (black with the gold dragon on). Lovely they are, will be using those too.

They're the easiest fittings I've used to work with. I have never lost any skin on them, and there are no unreasonable forces required. Mind you, that was mainly due to 19mm hose, but chainguns are ace for that. Still need loads of force, mind. But I went from 19s to 10s and tbh? no temp difference whatsoever.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-18, 03:35 PM
RobM's Avatar
RobM RobM is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,377
Can a fitting be used for hard and soft tubing?
__________________
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-18, 03:42 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Can a fitting be used for hard and soft tubing?
Nope. It's one or the other.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.