Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 07-11-18, 11:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
If you bought legit fittings, every one of them comes with a spare O rings.
Not my BP. Monsoon did. Deffo legit (OCUK, little branded sealed baggies with BP logo). Bear in mind they were old man, 10/8. So that may be a thing BP do now.

I'm going to order some Barrows tomorrow. Thankfully the board CPU and ram my mate sent me arrived today so I am going to get that installed with 10, then start testing out the AC gear via a USB cable

Old 07-11-18, 11:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Not my BP. Monsoon did. Deffo legit (OCUK, little branded sealed baggies with BP logo). Bear in mind they were old man, 10/8. So that may be a thing BP do now.

I'm going to order some Barrows tomorrow. Thankfully the board CPU and ram my mate sent me arrived today so I am going to get that installed with 10, then start testing out the AC gear via a USB cable
Hmm strange. I have been buying BP for the last 5 years and they have always had a spare O Ring in them. I have quite a collection of them these days, both 12/12 and 16/19, What Mark number is on them?

Should have a roman numeral to tell you the version. I believe current ones are IV and V.
Old 07-11-18, 01:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Hmm strange. I have been buying BP for the last 5 years and they have always had a spare O Ring in them. I have quite a collection of them these days, both 12/12 and 16/19, What Mark number is on them?

Should have a roman numeral to tell you the version. I believe current ones are IV and V.
There are a lot of knockoff BP fittings circulating the market. If you bought them from reputable seller (OCUK) you are good. But beware of too good deals.
Old 07-11-18, 01:28 PM
OC3D Elite

There's no such thing as a "good deal" on ANYTHING that Bitspower sells, LOL! If you ever find a great deal on BP fittings, be VERY suspicious.

Old 07-11-18, 02:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
There's no such thing as a "good deal" on ANYTHING that Bitspower sells, LOL! If you ever find a great deal on BP fittings, be VERY suspicious.
Seriously guys come on, watch what you say. This is Caseking you are accusing here. Honestly, I don't want to get into trouble because some one is slandering them or libel etc.

I have no idea what generation they are. They are old, I know that, because no one makes 10/8 any more. However, both lots (all of the red ones, say about 23, and all of the white ones I have (about 15) are the same.

That is an example of the red. They are all identical, I bought the last of the stock on OCUK given how cheap it was.

This is the white, labelling logo identical (BTW FWIW those were sold as "Blood Red" fittings. However, the red ones came in these baggies. In fact *every single one* came in these baggies with BP barcodes on the back. The thing still in the baggie was something they sent me by accident (it was supposed to be a plug, I've got loads of those too)

They are machine sealed, probably to keep the orings from drying out/rotting like I've had on some fittings I bought (cheap 10/8, obs been sitting in a warehouse for years).

Don't forget, 10/8 were the first fittings like that (non barb). Then we went through all of the larger ones before moving to hard line etc. They could be 10+ years old.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitsp...wc-409-bp.html

There. Obs same gen, same markings. Not bought because spendy.

Old 07-11-18, 02:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Ffs.

Old 07-11-18, 02:34 PM
OC3D Elite

They aren't old.

Just different style. Still in production with Bitspower. Soft tubing is still a preferred choice for many. They are £4.50 on Bitspower site.

I guess the cost saving comes from the fact, no one uses that size. Even during my WC soft tubing days, 3/8 over 1/2 OD was the popular choice.

But yeah, if you need more, they are readily available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10_8.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	12585  
Old 07-11-18, 02:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah I see. Yeah, I very much doubt that at £4.50 you would get a second Oring. Maybe you do? IDK.

Good to see I can get more if I ever need them, though tbh? I have about 40 all told (red and white). What I do have are several premium caps (no cheap ones of those) and 60s, 90s etc. All premium (black with the gold dragon on). Lovely they are, will be using those too.

They're the easiest fittings I've used to work with. I have never lost any skin on them, and there are no unreasonable forces required. Mind you, that was mainly due to 19mm hose, but chainguns are ace for that. Still need loads of force, mind. But I went from 19s to 10s and tbh? no temp difference whatsoever.

Old 07-11-18, 03:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Can a fitting be used for hard and soft tubing?
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 07-11-18, 03:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Can a fitting be used for hard and soft tubing?
Nope. It's one or the other.