Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #10291  
Old 20-10-19, 01:53 AM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,371
Another nerd first for an old man today, my first Freesync panel (last one on stock at my local store too). Asus TUF VG32V.






Cost me $600CDN, and it's a very nice companion to my OCed Radeon VII. Sure makes a good first impression. It's a VA panel, so colors are deep and lush. 31.5" wide, no RGB puke, 144mhz, 2560x1440, 1ms. Now I just need to find something to push the frame rates. No Mans Sky seems to be hard locked at 60fps (I set a 144fps cap in the game), but it looks prettier than ever. The color depth just annihilates the AOC 35" 100hz Gsync panel I was using before, and since that one wasn't "Gstink compatible", playing No Mans Sky was actually gross. This is smooth as butter. Me likey!

__________________
Guts: Ryzen 3900X / GB Aorus Master / 16GB TridentZ 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 240 rad / Heatkiller reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #10292  
Old 20-10-19, 07:08 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Cost me $600CDN, and it's a very nice companion to my OCed Radeon VII. Sure makes a good first impression. It's a VA panel, so colors are deep and lush. 31.5" wide, no RGB puke, 144mhz, 2560x1440, 1ms. Now I just need to find something to push the frame rates. No Mans Sky seems to be hard locked at 60fps (I set a 144fps cap in the game), but it looks prettier than ever. The color depth just annihilates the AOC 35" 100hz Gsync panel I was using before, and since that one wasn't "Gstink compatible", playing No Mans Sky was actually gross. This is smooth as butter. Me likey!
The AOC is also a VA panel? Just lower refresh rate but 3440x1440 as the only difference isn't it?

I guess just a higher-quality monitor with a wider color gamut.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #10293  
Old 20-10-19, 02:26 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
The AOC is also a VA panel? Just lower refresh rate but 3440x1440 as the only difference isn't it?

I guess just a higher-quality monitor with a wider color gamut.
The AOC is an MVA panel, not sure of the differences. The TUF one looks MUCH better for colors, but it's also driven by an AMD GPU, where my main rig is 1080TIs, and the colors are much more dull. But AMD GPUs have always looked better than Nvidia for color defaults, so take that with a grain of salt. Might not have much to do with the screen.
__________________
Guts: Ryzen 3900X / GB Aorus Master / 16GB TridentZ 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 240 rad / Heatkiller reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #10294  
Old 24-10-19, 01:27 PM
KingNosser KingNosser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 134
Replacement phone since my last one developed battery issues so switched back to sony and pretty happy with it so far



XA1 Ultra it's a nice screen very good contrast but it's a solid mid range phone got it in black rather than the glamour shot gold :P
Reply With Quote
  #10295  
Old 25-10-19, 04:12 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,518
Razer Bungee V2, Only 20 quid and actually makes a nice difference.



__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=
Reply With Quote
  #10296  
Old 25-10-19, 04:19 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,014
I've got one of them. I love it. Nice simple device that works.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10297  
Old 25-10-19, 05:44 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,496
Stole the idea from Roccat! I had one of those about 7 years ago. great little tool
Reply With Quote
  #10298  
Old 25-10-19, 05:50 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Stole the idea from Roccat! I had one of those about 7 years ago. great little tool

Not really, They were widely used in offices in the 90's.
__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=
Reply With Quote
  #10299  
Old 25-10-19, 06:04 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Razer Bungee V2, Only 20 quid and actually makes a nice difference.
What the heck is this for?
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #10300  
Old 25-10-19, 06:13 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
What the heck is this for?
Cable management assist for headphones I'm guessing?
__________________
Guts: Ryzen 3900X / GB Aorus Master / 16GB TridentZ 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 240 rad / Heatkiller reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.