Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 31-08-19, 10:16 AM
News Guru

Star Citizen's Squadron 42 Beta has been delayed until Q3 2020

Star Citizen was originally due to release in 2014.

Read more about Star Citizen's Squadron 42 beta getting delayed... again.

Old 31-08-19, 04:08 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Not surprising at all
Old 31-08-19, 04:43 PM
Resident Newb

An RSI product has been delayed because of over ambitious unrealistic plans ? I'm so surprised, Anyone else surprised ? I'm mega surprised, Like so surprised right now.

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 31-08-19, 11:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
An RSI product has been delayed because of over ambitious unrealistic plans ? I'm so surprised, Anyone else surprised ? I'm mega surprised, Like so surprised right now.

This game has got to be one of the longest running memes in gaming history. There are people who have spent literally thousands of pounds on virtual items for this which can almost never meet expectations at this rate.
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 01-09-19, 05:04 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
This game has got to be one of the longest running memes in gaming history. There are people who have spent literally thousands of pounds on virtual items for this which can almost never meet expectations at this rate.
I still remember that one video they made of a guy who spent $30,000 and that was within the first 18 months iirc.
Old 01-09-19, 07:35 AM
OC3D Elite

I honestly believe that this game is never going to be fully released.

I would not be suprised if they end up taking the title which I think is held by Duke Nukem Forever, for longest development time for a game in history, correct me if I am wrong there or here but isn't Star Citizen also the game that has the biggest budget in history for a game ever released, and it still has not been released?

I don't just mean like crowd funded budget but overall budget, I thought I heard that it's had a budget of around $450M?

For me though I bought the £50 version of the game, tried it and it was a complete mess and I have tried it a couple of times since and it's still a complete mess.

I honestly don't think this will meet the expectations of the people who invest in it.
Old 01-09-19, 08:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Whilst I'm a backer and fan of this game the criticisms are well deserved CIG keep shooting themselves in the foot with missed deadline after missed deadline, and whilst I'm disappointed it has to be remembered unlike other games this one started with nothing, there was no studios and it has taken a lot if not too much time to get them up and running, so realistically the true amount of actual game development time isn't a lot which does get looked over.
That being said though they really need to pull their heads in and stop releasing unrealistic deadlines for themselves as all it does is make themselves look incompetent.
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 02-09-19, 06:46 AM
OC3D Elite

This is to the gaming industry what Guns n Roses was to the music industry.

Their last album took 15years to release. Axl couldnt be satisfied with the finished product. It became a joke of an album. I'm starting to see RSI as the same.
Old 02-09-19, 06:50 PM

There's still hope.

Old 03-09-19, 06:46 PM
OC3D Crew

I would say this IS the biggest video game meme out of all.

I have a friend that is a die hardcore fan of it and is making excuses every time.... He says the game will not be released as a normal release as its in constant evolutuon as he calls it. Lol..... just LOL....

Had a mate that spent over 4000e and at least he got a refund when he asked for it.