Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-09-19, 04:25 PM
News Guru

ROG bring X570 to compact form factors with their ROG X570 Impact and Strix boards

ASUS is bringing high-end features to it's smallest motherboards.

Read more about ASUS' ROG Crosshair VIII X570 Impact and Strix X570-I motherboards.

Old 12-09-19, 04:35 PM
AMD Enthusiast

These boards are a joke for the prices alone.
Over $400 for a slightly longer ITX board
Over $300 for an ITX board.

I can buy a 5700/XT for that price, something that would actually give a performance boost. Or a monitor thats 1440p/144.
Old 12-09-19, 04:40 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

I can buy a 5700/XT for that price, something that would actually give a performance boost. Or a monitor thats 1440p/144.

Things are only going to get more expensive as time goes on, In their minds their price increases every gen are completely fine as people keep paying, Only way to send these companies a clear message is for people en masse to stop buying.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 12-09-19, 05:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post

Exactly its plain greed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Things are only going to get more expensive as time goes on, In their minds their price increases every gen are completely fine as people keep paying, Only way to send these companies a clear message is for people en masse to stop buying.
Still plain greed and they are just following the examples set by Intel, nVidia and now AMD. Gouge prices because they can and because so many sheep are naive and think they are getting a great deal.
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 12-09-19, 08:45 PM
News Guru

The cheapest X570 motherboard with WiFi that I can find is around £230.

Remember that ASUS has upgraded these with WiFi 6, a new standard and that ASUS has placed extra effort into their audio by using secondary PCBs etc.

I'm not saying that these prices are justified, just that there are extra things that ASUS are trying this time and that X570 is very expensive to begin with.
Old 13-09-19, 03:26 AM

Besides the second m.2 slot on the front... is there any real advantage to the DTX mobo over the ITX mobo?
Old 13-09-19, 04:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Impact boards have always been this expensive. No one cried when they were Intel, and these have to be able to cope with a 16 core OC CPU.

There are much cheaper ITX boards, you don't have to have this one but this one is the best and the elite and boards like this have never ever been cheap on any format.

I don't usually buy high end Asus boards because I don't need the features but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them.

Old 13-09-19, 08:39 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel View Post
Besides the second m.2 slot on the front... is there any real advantage to the DTX mobo over the ITX mobo?
Beefier VRMs.
Old 13-09-19, 10:51 AM
OC3D Crew

I think its just frustrating that the price of boards has skyrocketed over the last few years. Admittedly better board all round with the inclusion of a lot of newer features, they do seem to have gone mad with the pricing now.
Mobo used to be around 15% of the total budget now its more like 25% if not more, unless you go with the lower end chipsets.
Old 13-09-19, 11:22 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
I think its just frustrating that the price of boards has skyrocketed over the last few years. Admittedly better board all round with the inclusion of a lot of newer features, they do seem to have gone mad with the pricing now.
Mobo used to be around 15% of the total budget now its more like 25% if not more, unless you go with the lower end chipsets.
A lot of it is the increases in core counts and I/O features. As much as we can say that X470 can technically support PCIe 4.0, there is a difference between getting official support and offering it as an out of spec option. Then there are things like the power requirements of more cores and beefing up the memory side for faster and faster DIMMs.

Beyond that, BIOS updates have become a big deal. It wasn't long ago when nobody recommended updating your BIOS unless it was absolutely necessary. Now BIOS' get a lot more engineering time, and that has a cost. Those LED lights etc also cost money too, which is a shame...