Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 13-07-19, 04:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
NVENC getting overloaded makes literally no sense, OBS will merge the two video streams and only after that it gets encoded. It's absolutely fine to use NVENC with a webcam.

Shadowplay might work differently, but it's useless for streaming.
Not sure what to tell you. When using it the results on viewer side show a choppy experience and when not it's perfectly fine. Watch the video.

Old 13-07-19, 05:50 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't have time for that but I do wonder what build of OBS he used - I believe the Nvidia optimised build is still in beta.
Old 15-07-19, 01:22 AM
OC3D Elite

If your primary use is Gaming and then you might go into streaming 9900K is a better CPU. For any task that does not include rendering 9900K at 5GHz beats Ryzen. Even if you use Adobe Premiere, 9900K is still better because it uses iGPU and gives you much smoother user experience.

If you want to go into the world of streaming I recommend you to visit EposVox and watch, pretty much, all of his videos. He has 5+ hours long in-depth tutorial for OBS. It is amazing how you can make your streams look nice without using server-grade gear to render them. The guy is brilliant.

If you play games and enjoy playing games 9900K is a better CPU. Even GamersNexus says that in the conclusion of the Ryzen review. If you do production stuff and occasionally play games then Ryzen might be for you depending on your workload.

Go for 9900K. You will enjoy your games at high FPS and if you start streaming with EposVox's channel you will master OBS and your streams will look beautiful without dropped frames, and taxing to your framerate. 9900K is a beast of a CPU. Don't let that shouting about how Ryzen is better than Intel at "everything else" cloud your judgment. Everything else requires more cores. So the one who has more cores wins. The thing is you are not doing everything else. You are doing stuff that Intel is much better for.

Example. I do Music production, Gaming and Photo editing on my computer. I followed everything about Ryzen. I wanted to build Ryzen 3000 rig. My 4790K is starting to be not enough umf for what I do. Ryzen has more PCIe lanes, it even has Thunderbolt on ASRock boards. Ryzen 3900X looked like a perfect CPU for me. But sadly it isn't. For those main things I do Intel is still better. So come fall you will see my new 9900K rig, or I might hold on a little bit longer and go with X299 Cascade Lake-X. Don't get me wrong Ryzen 3000 are beautiful CPUs. I like them a lot. But they are not for me.

I hope this helps you decide.
Old 15-07-19, 02:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
If your primary use is Gaming and then you might go into streaming 9900K is a better CPU. For any task that does not include rendering 9900K at 5GHz beats Ryzen. Even if you use Adobe Premiere, 9900K is still better because it uses iGPU and gives you much smoother user experience.

If you want to go into the world of streaming I recommend you to visit EposVox and watch, pretty much, all of his videos. He has 5+ hours long in-depth tutorial for OBS. It is amazing how you can make your streams look nice without using server-grade gear to render them. The guy is brilliant.

If you play games and enjoy playing games 9900K is a better CPU. Even GamersNexus says that in the conclusion of the Ryzen review. If you do production stuff and occasionally play games then Ryzen might be for you depending on your workload.

Go for 9900K. You will enjoy your games at high FPS and if you start streaming with EposVox's channel you will master OBS and your streams will look beautiful without dropped frames, and taxing to your framerate. 9900K is a beast of a CPU. Don't let that shouting about how Ryzen is better than Intel at "everything else" cloud your judgment. Everything else requires more cores. So the one who has more cores wins. The thing is you are not doing everything else. You are doing stuff that Intel is much better for.

Example. I do Music production, Gaming and Photo editing on my computer. I followed everything about Ryzen. I wanted to build Ryzen 3000 rig. My 4790K is starting to be not enough umf for what I do. Ryzen has more PCIe lanes, it even has Thunderbolt on ASRock boards. Ryzen 3900X looked like a perfect CPU for me. But sadly it isn't. For those main things I do Intel is still better. So come fall you will see my new 9900K rig, or I might hold on a little bit longer and go with X299 Cascade Lake-X. Don't get me wrong Ryzen 3000 are beautiful CPUs. I like them a lot. But they are not for me.

I hope this helps you decide.

What about all of the security patches for Intel CPUs that allegedly impact performance?...
Old 15-07-19, 06:01 AM
Resident Newb

Depends what software you use, Adobe software like Premiere Pro for example loves high clocks and uses the built in iGPU exceptionally well so no amount of extra cores can help AMD in that regard, Also depends what res you play at, For 1080P Intel is still king and by quite a margin in some circumstances but anything after 1080P and the differences between a 9900K and 3900X start shrinking into non existence.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 15-07-19, 06:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
What about all of the security patches for Intel CPUs that allegedly impact performance?...
With games and tasks that don't scale with thread count, even with patches, Intel is still better.
Old 15-07-19, 07:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Depends what software you use, Adobe software like Premiere Pro for example loves high clocks and uses the built in iGPU exceptionally well so no amount of extra cores can help AMD in that regard, Also depends what res you play at, For 1080P Intel is still king and by quite a margin in some circumstances but anything after 1080P and the differences between a 9900K and 3900X start shrinking into non existence.
Sorry for double post I am on the phone atm.
I agree partially with you. On 4K and ultrawide 1440p buy what you prefer. There is no noticable difference. On 16:9 1080p and 1440p Intel is in front by a large margin.
Old 15-07-19, 07:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
I game at 1440p. Considering a 3800X at the moment.

I completely agree with what Avet is saying about raw gaming performance but part of me still wants to support AMD this time round. I'm giving it a couple of months though for all the dust to settle (patching etc.)
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 15-07-19, 08:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Mate TBH I wasn't really certain how good it was going to be when I first changed to Ryzen first gen and sure there were some teething problems, but I've gotta say now I don't regret it , this has been the best and most stable system I've owned to date bar none, one of my friends who swapped over a couple of months back to a 2700X said it's been the smoothest gaming experience he's had to date, so yeah man give AMD a go and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 15-07-19, 02:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I think the "gaming gap" between Intel and AMD is *highly* overblown. Just because one bar on a graph is bigger, doesn't mean gameplay is crap on Ryzen. Most of the time, you're talking small differences at high frame rates (eg 130fps vs 120fps). I've been gaming on Ryzen since gen 1 and it's awesome, and always has been.

Plus the fact that you can take a Ryzen 9 CPU and toss it into some first gen X370 boards is awesome. Not all X370 boards of course, but it shows AMD kept their word on socket longevity. I quit on Intel when they started extorting the enthusiast market with X99, and I regret nothing. Dumping Intel has been great, LOL!