Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 16-01-19, 03:39 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Under everyone's bed just like you

Aye yeah I am, hopefully not for long once I've saved some cash and can land a job elsewhere.
Well that's the problem sadly, Indian guy that works at the corner shop for his dad has a masters in computer science but can't use it anywhere, Just like I'm beginning to be made irrelevant by free YouTube videos.

For people with any real skills, England, Sad to say, Is quickly becoming a dead end.

Mate of mine who is an electrician recently moved to Germany and is now making 4 times more per month for the exact same job.

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 16-01-19, 03:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
My cousin went to college university for fashion design, after finishing she couldn't get the job she was qualified for because she had no experience, and couldn't get a lower job because she was over qualified and they know she would move on to better jobs a total catch 22. She ended going to a different career
Aye, I'm starting to feel that as well now. I could go back to OU and do a Masters in Advanced networking which puts me in line to do the CCNP exam but again, no workplace experience. Only fallback I've got is that I'm a fully qualified (and experienced) pharmacy dispenser and I know I can do the Pharmcy Technician NVQ then the Pharmacist degree and all that, but I know being a Pharmacist isn't like what it used to be, plus it's over saturated with other qualified pharmacists so job prospects aren't that great either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well that's the problem sadly, Indian guy that works at the corner shop for his dad has a masters in computer science but can't use it anywhere, Just like I'm beginning to be made irrelevant by free YouTube videos.

For people with any real skills, England, Sad to say, Is quickly becoming a dead end

Mate of mine who is an electrician recently moved to Germany and is now making 4 times more per month for the exact same job.
Yep I can concur with that. It's genuinely getting me down since I've got no where to turn. I would start working on getting Microsoft, VMWare and other certifications along side Cisco but without any work experience, I'll feel like it'll be a waste again.

Right now, becoming an English teacher in Japan is looking really enticing since I've been a teacher (cadet instructor) before and I love Japan, but I know my partner won't like me doing that since I'll be over there for a few years or so
Old 16-01-19, 03:57 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Aye, I'm starting to feel that as well now. I could go back to OU and do a Masters in Advanced networking which puts me in line to do the CCNP exam but again, no workplace experience. Only fallback I've got is that I'm a fully qualified (and experienced) pharmacy dispenser and I know I can do the Pharmcy Technician NVQ then the Pharmacist degree and all that, but I know being a Pharmacist isn't like what it used to be, plus it's over saturated with other qualified pharmacists so job prospects aren't that great either.

Yep I can concur with that. It's genuinely getting me down since I've got no where to turn. I would start working on getting Microsoft, VMWare and other certifications along side Cisco but without any work experience, I'll feel like it'll be a waste again.

Right now, becoming an English teacher in Japan is looking really enticing since I've been a teacher (cadet instructor) before and I love Japan, but I know my partner won't like me doing that since I'll be over there for a few years or so

Yeah it genuinely sucks in England for normal working people who want to make a go of it, The mate of mine that went to Germany said after a while that it seems like the English ruling class do nothing other than go to war on their own people, Which seems pretty accurate having worked in several countries, In England it's who you know, Not what you know.
Old 16-01-19, 06:38 PM
Resident Newb

Omg omg omg omg omg, Original soundtrack too !!!!

By the looks of it being called Ghostbusters 3 I think they are thankfully forgetting the 2016 catastrophe ever happened.

Old 16-01-19, 09:36 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Yeah it genuinely sucks in England for normal working people who want to make a go of it, The mate of mine that went to Germany said after a while that it seems like the English ruling class do nothing other than go to war on their own people, Which seems pretty accurate having worked in several countries, In England it's who you know, Not what you know.
Aye and they wonder why most just go on the dole or emigrate. Plus companies don't payrise people inline with inflation because they know they'll be paying them less
Old 17-01-19, 10:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Omg omg omg omg omg, Original soundtrack too !!!!

By the looks of it being called Ghostbusters 3 I think they are thankfully forgetting the 2016 catastrophe ever happened.

its confirmed also they are returning to the roots and it is a continuation of the second movie.

My inner child is screaming with joy!!!!!!!!
Old 17-01-19, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah my families Maltese but I was raised in Salford/Manchester, I'm self employed at the moment but in the process of getting my Maltese citizenship, workers rights over here are a joke nowadays, the number of working people in poverty is at its highest in many decades, I know many (aged around 18-25) being pressured into doing 50-60 hours weeks to keep up with bills & rent, and losing their sanity & health in the process, workers rights are continuing to disintegrate with Brexit and unions powers have been devastated with recent laws so the chance of UK workers getting their rights back under this government are gone, and if you can't work with universal credit there's a good chance you'll end up a statistic, thousands have committed suicide shortly after having pensions & disabled benefits cut in the UK over the last 8 years, while many more are turning to crime to source an income. The economic plans for the future of Britain now essentially amounts to a bargain bin economy with a race to the bottom on corporate taxes, the economy now yet again survives purely on the exploitation of the working classes, most skilled young people are jumping ship & so we'll soon be seeing the effects of brain drain & a rapidly ageing economy and all the issues that come with it to boot.
Old 17-01-19, 11:20 AM
OC3D Elite

lmfao I got this from my landlady last night.

"Mike" is some Polish bloke (I Googled his phone number) and she probably contacted him yesterday. She hasn't emailed me, phoned me, or contacted me in any shape or form since Nov 2017 and it's all lies.

I would imagine she just got her first fine from ES. Now she's trying to lie her way out of it and stop them continuing.

Old 17-01-19, 11:22 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Yeah my families Maltese but I was raised in Salford/Manchester, I'm self employed at the moment but in the process of getting my Maltese citizenship, workers rights over here are a joke nowadays, the number of working people in poverty is at its highest in many decades, I know many (aged around 18-25) being pressured into doing 50-60 hours weeks to keep up with bills & rent, and losing their sanity & health in the process, workers rights are continuing to disintegrate with Brexit and unions powers have been devastated with recent laws so the chance of UK workers getting their rights back under this government are gone, and if you can't work with universal credit there's a good chance you'll end up a statistic, thousands have committed suicide shortly after having pensions & disabled benefits cut in the UK over the last 8 years, while many more are turning to crime to source an income. The economic plans for the future of Britain now essentially amounts to a bargain bin economy with a race to the bottom on corporate taxes, the economy now yet again survives purely on the exploitation of the working classes, most skilled young people are jumping ship & so we'll soon be seeing the effects of brain drain & a rapidly ageing economy and all the issues that come with it to boot.
That's sadly what happens every single time Tories are voted in, I don't like left or right, It's all bull but Tories only ever cater to the 0.000000001% of people n the country, It's why they have sold nearly everything off to foreign companies, Cut everything to the bone, Go to war on their own people, Lets thousands of elderly people die each winter from the cold because they can't afford to eat and heat.

England needs a very bloody revolution and to get rid of the old boy class system and network, It's destroying the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
lmfao I got this from my landlady last night.

"Mike" is some Polish bloke (I Googled his phone number) and she probably contacted him yesterday. She hasn't emailed me, phoned me, or contacted me in any shape or form since Nov 2017 and it's all lies.

I would imagine she just got her first fine from ES. Now she's trying to lie her way out of it and stop them continuing.
Typical landlord/lady, I've never met 1 I could say was human.
Old 17-01-19, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

The title to the email was "Damage to the flat".

It's beyond hilarious. Straight away, even in the title, she blames everything on me. I've shot her a reply asking her to forward all of the time/date stamped emails she has sent me. I bet she can't.

What I will do is call "Mike" and give him loads of work for her to pay for, then hopefully move out when it's all done

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk