Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 16-01-16, 12:36 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I've not tested GTAV yet (I didn't realise I had it installed) but will later. Apparently Crossfire has been a bit up and down on it but I will know more later

Ed. I have Thief installed too I think..

Ed2. Realised that the Thief I have is not legit (I've never played it to be fair) so I just bought it for £4.42 and will install and test later with GTAV !
Thief has an epic benchmark built in.

GTA V should be fine in crossfire, MrKambo used to use the 295x2 when we game, with great results.

Old 16-01-16, 12:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Both added guys cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Thief has an epic benchmark built in.

GTA V should be fine in crossfire, MrKambo used to use the 295x2 when we game, with great results.
Yeah but lately I have been hearing that game udpates have fudged it completely. As I say, much conflicting info on the net = head hurts...

Edit. Just attempted to launch GTAV and it wants to install a, wait for it, 2.5gb update. Yikes ! that's a fat old lump of data. As soon as it's finished I will give it a good testing. I clearly remember before my FPS were max 53 with averages around 38-40. If I start hitting the 60 FPS mark I will know it's working properly

Edit yet again. OK so fair play, Crossfire X is absolutely awesome in GTAV. Now absolutely jammed at 60 FPS.. Adding now

Old 16-01-16, 04:10 PM
OC3D Elite

GTA V works well with Tri-SLI (780) but not so much with Quad-SLI (Titan X). I'm intrigued to try it with Quad-SLI 780Ti's when I get Lightning set up right to see if it was the game or just the board/memory causing issues for the Titan X's.

It scales phenomenally well between single, dual and triple SLI though.

JR
Old 16-01-16, 04:32 PM
Bettyswollocks

Aye I have solid 60fps at 60Hz in GTA its glorious and with all that ultra grass.
Old 16-01-16, 04:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Aye I have solid 60fps at 60Hz in GTA its glorious and with all that ultra grass.
Yup, hella sweet tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
GTA V works well with Tri-SLI (780) but not so much with Quad-SLI (Titan X). I'm intrigued to try it with Quad-SLI 780Ti's when I get Lightning set up right to see if it was the game or just the board/memory causing issues for the Titan X's.

It scales phenomenally well between single, dual and triple SLI though.

JR
From what I remember reading for each technology you need to fully support it. So SLI = its own support. Tri SLI = its own support and Quad SLI = its own support.

It came from an interview I read with the devs of Bioshock (so years ago). I'm not sure if anything has changed since tbh.

Many years ago (on these very forums) I bought a pair of 3870x2 for £40 each and for ***** and giggles I benched them with all of the (at the time) modern games. IIRC the only game that worked properly with Quadfire was BF:BC2 and hilariously the two old hoovers actually put my 5770 Crossfire to shame.

Sadly the same couldn't be said for pretty much all of the other games I tested. Batman (the first one) showed absolutely enormous gains but sadly the min FPS was dire and the micro stutter was just tragic. Obviously I know why that was happening now but at the time it was quite frustrating.

I've been busy at work today and have added quite a few extra games. All of the Borderlands and Thief etc. I'm starting to run out of space to download the games now so will have a clearout later and then install some more from my Steam list tomorrow and give them a try.

From what I have heard Star Wars (that new one) does not work with Crossfire or SLI yet and apparently (according to AMDMatt) is awaiting a code update to address this.

Old 16-01-16, 11:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Bio Shock Infinite
Crossfire and SLI
Both work Fine
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 17-01-16, 06:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
I've had very consistent performance with Crossfire in GTA V, there was only one driver revision that broke it but that was 4/5 revs ago, but recently it has been scaling so well i was literally shocked
Old 17-01-16, 07:28 AM
OC3D Elite

These are what I have noticed with games that I have played or at least benchmarked after graphics cards upgrade.

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Elite Dangerous

Does it work - Perfectly, does suffer from occasional frame drop but that is believed to be a game issue. In terms of Crossfire X according to posts on the Frontier Forums there is no Crossfire profile for it so Crossfire will not enable, however I cannot test or confirm this issue.

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Call Of Duty Black Op's 3

Does it work - Almost Perfect, does suffer from some microstutter and the occasional frame drops mainly when recording at 4K with Shadowplay.

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Titanfall

Does it work - Yes but suffers from weird lights popping up in the maps through walls and the occasional texture issue, game is also has a frame rate cap locked to the monitors refresh rate.

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Call Of Duty Black Op's

Does it work - Perfectly

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Crysis 3

Does it work - Perfectly

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Metro 2033

Does it work - Perfectly, based of benchmark runs I did when testing GTX 780Ti SLI compared to GTX 980Ti SLI @4K

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Metro Last Light

Does it work - Perfectly, based of benchmark runs I did when testing GTX 780Ti SLI compared to GTX 980Ti SLI @4K

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Tomb Raider

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Dirt 3

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Bioshock Infinite

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Batman Arkham City

Does it work - Yes but with what seemed like poor scaling, based of benchmark runs I did when testing GTX 780Ti SLI compared to GTX 980Ti SLI @4K

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Call Of Duty Ghosts

Does it work - Yes but suffers from extreme microstutter, frame drops and optimisation issues.

Multi GPU type - SLI

Game - Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare

Does it work - Yes but suffers from extreme microstutter, frame drops and optimisation issues and also some mouse input lag when SLI is enabled.
Old 17-01-16, 10:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Wicked I will add those later (when I'm totally awake). I fear if I tried now I would just mess it right up

Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 17-01-16, 11:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Oh and Starwars Battlefront was fine with SLI
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE