Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Member Reviews

Old 07-04-15, 01:57 PM
Bettyswollocks

Nzxt cam 2.0

Hi guys back with another review for you, some may remember I reviewed and Beta'd NZXTs CAM monitor software way back early last year and while it was lacking in some areas it left huge room for improvement and that's just what they've (we've) done, a total overhaul of the original and adding in a cool new in game FPS overlay so you can monitor your system hardware and frames while gaming, cool eh! I've had my hands on this little beauty along with other testers since November, Beta testing (gaming) everyday just to ensure that it works 100% and oh how hard it's been (sympathy please) no seriously do you know how hard it is to install/uninstall every game you have in your Steam/Origin/Uplay/GoG libraries not to mention hard copies, just to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and start all over again.

Lets jump right in, "whats changed", in short everything! It's been ripped up and rebuilt, we now have a new more detailed user friendly interface.

Old Version

New Version

The Dashboard.
Here you will discover the basics of your system including CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, HDD and Network usages, all the very basic details i.e Loads and Temperatures. You'll also find in the upper left corner a drop down option which if you have CAM installed on another system you can monitor it from your main system, at one phase during the Beta testing I had 6 systems connected and the ability to monitor them without being in the other room was a god send.

Advanced.
Now hitting the Advanced button throws up a new external window showing us all the information you should ever need to know about your system, there is everything in here from memory timings, frequencies, fan speeds to voltages.

Settings.
In the settings we have a whole host of new functions and features, including the new FPS in game overlay and the much improved notifications system which I must say is just witchcraft, during my time beta testing, this little function told me quite scarily I'll admit, that the other rig on my network had suffered a fan failure

on the GPU and that it required attention, it wasn't wrong!

Within the settings options you'll find:
Account, for managing your account (obvious that one).

CAM, settings here can change your Interface accent colours and background image.

Notification Settings, with this we can now change at what point CAM notifies us of hardware changes or levels, for example you can set it so that CAM will tell you when our CPU reaches a certain % load level or temperature same thing goes for GPUs too, we also get warnings about HDD storage levels, fan malfunctions and even Bios battery low voltage warnings.

Overlay, this is by far just the best new addition to CAM and something I leave on all the time now it is easily switched off during game time with a simple SHIFT+O should you not want it, I've found this simply awesome to use especially when your trying to get the right FPS while tweaking graphics settings.

Other features include Kraken and Grid+ monitor and control also the ability to monitor your system from your mobile phone, currently available on iPhone and Android.

Conclusion.
In short it has been a good 6 months of tinkering, communication back and forth and playing games (lots of games), I think though it is safe to say that this program has come along in leaps and bounds since the first iteration and it's one program I shall be keeping just a click away. If this has grabbed your attention hit the link below to download and please do tell us what you think.

>>CAM 2.0 Download Link<<

~Wraithguard~

Old 07-04-15, 03:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Those OC3D watermarks and borders are all kinds of wrong, it looks really not legit.

JR
Old 07-04-15, 03:23 PM

i hope it will work better, cam v1 was terrible, slow and unresponsive.
Old 07-04-15, 03:36 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyiagi View Post
i hope it will work better, cam v1 was terrible, slow and unresponsive.
It was indeed and quite the RAM hog too, this new version is snappier and also has CPUID integrated into its core now so info is much more accurate.
Old 07-04-15, 05:18 PM

at least changing colours on x41 works now. on old version you had to restart the app twice to see it work.
Old 07-04-15, 07:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Excellent review, Wraith. It actually looks pretty interesting

Old 07-04-15, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Pogal_31
Nice review, I'm gonna give it a try

Old 07-04-15, 09:20 PM
OC3D Elite

oh nice, will deffo give it a try
MSI Z97 Gaming 7, i7 [email protected], Palit Super Jetstream GTX 980ti, 16GB Corsair Vengence [email protected] 9/10/9/10/26 , Corsair HX850i, NZXT H440 grid+, Corsair H100 Push nff12, AF140 outake 5.6v, 3xsp120 intake 5.6v 250gb 840evo boot, 120gb V300 games, 1tb wd black storage||| 3Dmark score
Old 08-04-15, 10:17 AM

Finally an update. While I had no performance issues with the old version I hated that I could not turn off the lights of my Kraken X60. My Pc is currently in my bedroom and the Kraken leds are a bit annoying in the dark.
Old 08-04-15, 12:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Just a quick question.
Can you adjust font sizes?
I have a plan for my pc and will be on a very small screen and would like to know if i could use it to kick out on a 1600 x 900 or something display about 5 inches big lol