Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 09-11-14, 09:55 AM
OC3D Elite

PCNation.co.uk - Buyer Beware

So on the 23rd October I ordered a CPU cooler for my HTPC from this company, the ordering process was easy enough and the item, according to their website, was expected to be shipped within 2 days. So here I am 2.5 weeks later with nothing to show for it.

In the interim I have obviously contacted them several times in order to find out what the status of my order is.

Initially I sent a message through the 'my order' page on their website asking for an update and expected delivery date - I am still awaiting a response.

Next I sent a private message to them on Facebook politely asking for them to look into my order. Still no response.

So then I thought that a little public kick up the arse might get them moving. So I complained by posting directly onto their Facebook page. Usually companies react quickly to these kind of things so I hoped they would sort themselves out. Alas no response and after a day or two my post was deleted. Well heck, at least I know there is someone actually working at the company!

So I've posted another complaint onto their Fb page since and also written a negative review. Frankly I'm not expecting much. I think I'm just buying time until the grace period ends before I make a grievance through Paypal to recover my money.

I wish I had googled reviews of them before purchasing but anyway - just be careful if you end up on their website. It's been nothing but trouble for me.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member #006 (Alec Trevelyan was always harder than Bond anyway)
Old 09-11-14, 10:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master&Puppet View Post
So on the 23rd October I ordered a CPU cooler for my HTPC from this company, the ordering process was easy enough and the item, according to their website, was expected to be shipped within 2 days. So here I am 2.5 weeks later with nothing to show for it.

In the interim I have obviously contacted them several times in order to find out what the status of my order is.

Initially I sent a message through the 'my order' page on their website asking for an update and expected delivery date - I am still awaiting a response.

Next I sent a private message to them on Facebook politely asking for them to look into my order. Still no response.

So then I thought that a little public kick up the arse might get them moving. So I complained by posting directly onto their Facebook page. Usually companies react quickly to these kind of things so I hoped they would sort themselves out. Alas no response and after a day or two my post was deleted. Well heck, at least I know their is someone actually working at the company!

So I've posted another complaint onto their Fb page since and also written a negative review. Frankly I'm not expecting much. I think I'm just buying time until the grace period ends before I make a grievance through Paypal to recover my money.

I wish I had googled reviews of them before purchasing but anyway - just be careful if you end up on their website. It's been nothing but trouble for me.
How did you make payment
Credit card or Paypal
Old 09-11-14, 10:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
How did you make payment
Credit card or Paypal
Credit card on Paypal :P I don't like taking chances lol

OC3D Overclockers Club Member #006 (Alec Trevelyan was always harder than Bond anyway)
Old 09-11-14, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Credit card on Paypal :P
Open a dispute thing in Paypal or you could phone your bank up and see what that can do
Old 09-11-14, 11:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Yea that's my next move I think. I've left it this long to give them a fair chance but it looks like their inaction is clear enough.

There isn't even a phone number to call on their website which might be telling. Although looking at the transaction on paypal lists one. I'll try that once tomorrow and if I get nothing out of it then I'll go through the resolution centre.

Old 09-11-14, 11:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yea that's my next move I think. I've left it this long to give them a fair chance but it looks like their inaction is clear enough.

There isn't even a phone number to call on their website which might be telling. Although looking at the transaction on paypal lists one. I'll try that once tomorrow and if I get nothing out of it then I'll go through the resolution centre.
Good thinking dude
Old 09-11-14, 04:39 PM
OC3D Crew

I just checked their Face Ache page and it looks (judging by the reviews) that this treatment of customers is not uncommon.
Soooooooooo...................I just added a comment whilst there.......

I'm VERY sure this lot are heading for a run in with Trading Standards !!!!!!

Hope you get sorted sharpish.
Main Rig-Intel i7 2600K @4.4Ghz-Gigabyte P67 UD7-Asus 6950 Direct cu11-16gig Mushkin 2133mhz Redline Ridgeback-Corsair AX860i-Corsair Obsidian 800D-Bitfenix/Noiseblocker Fans-Custom CPU water cooling loop.
Folding Rig- AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition-Corsair H100i-Asus Crosshair-EVGA GTX560Ti 448 core Classified-8gig Crucial Ballistix Tracer-Corsair AX850-Coolermaster Cosmos S-Corsair case fans.

Old 09-11-14, 06:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah yes, so I see!

Old 10-11-14, 08:21 AM
The Webmaster

Yeah threaten em with a chargeback and get that rolling, you'll be fine. Or they'll panic and get it to you.

Companies don't like chargebacks, it costs them money and I believe it goes on record.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 10-11-14, 11:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Well funnily enough all of a suddenly I've started receiving responses from them. I've had 2 calls this morning (both of which I've missed because I was busy at work) from a company called Amatec Computers which shares the same premises and I believe trades as PC Nation. I also had a response to the message I sent through their website which reads:

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are currently waiting for delivery from our supplier for the product you ordered, our suppliers were out of stock and they mentioned that it will take up to 2 weeks to order so we should receive the product sometime this week.

Regards
PC Nation Team"

Now honestly I don't intend on believing this for one minute and will be asking for a refund to be processed today. If they fail to do that then I will pursue the charge back tomorrow.

According to the product page this cooler still 'ships in around 2 days'. My arse.