Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 01-01-19, 05:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie long View Post
Are you trying or have you become the queen of rgb while i wasn't looking
Nah thats Dice, although between Alien and Dice, I guess they make up 33% of the RGB expenditures for the entire UK

I think the account for 70% of posts in here on purchased products too. haha

Old 01-01-19, 05:14 PM
OC3D Elite

It's his fault. Him and his videos warped my fragile little mind :/

Old 01-01-19, 10:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Nah thats Dice, although between Alien and Dice, I guess they make up 33% of the RGB expenditures for the entire UK

I think the account for 70% of posts in here on purchased products too. haha
Haha this is so true!
Old 02-01-19, 02:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Can't believe how good they are for the cash. They seem to be fully addressable too (meaning they are capable of individual colour) though you can't address them yourself.

They do look quite a bit like the Corsairs tbh, though the Corsairs look a wee bit better when side by side, as you can't see the LED "dot" when they are lit (they're much smoother).

Do need to be careful with them as the wires are brittle at the solder joints apparently, but I could always fix that.

Old 02-01-19, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

but for that price, how good is the static pressure/airflow?

15min review on just the RGB... /facepalm. I was expecting actual usage and performance in that time.
Old 02-01-19, 06:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
but for that price, how good is the static pressure/airflow?

15min review on just the RGB... /facepalm. I was expecting actual usage and performance in that time.
Who cares?

Right now I have one Akasa blue LED vegas fan that cost me about a fiver, two low RPM Bequiets and a Corsair.

They are quite powerful on full clip.

Just don't use unreasonable force to get the blades out (personally if I had to use that much force I would have given up, not made it so that it rattled). The motors don't seem any different to any other fan I have ever used. Well, apart from high end Noctua which I haven't taken apart for the obvious reason.

Old 03-01-19, 10:30 AM
OC3D Elite

That, was a bargain.

Have a bit of Stevie Hyper D (R.I.P) with your fans

Can't get over how amazing this Blackberry camera is !

Quick write up on findings so far. They are heavy. That isn't surprising, given their nature. The shroud around the blades is very thick (the white part) mostly because it needs to carry all of the LEDs. The outer frame though is nice, and reassuringly thick. The grey area on each corner is rubberised, meaning they shouldn't vibrate.

They are pretty quiet but then right now they are meeting no resistance. However, I did catch my finger in one (natch) and was surprised at how heavy the blades were.

I've seen the motors in a review on YT and they don't look huge. I would surmise they are better at flow than static pressure, just given the motor size. However, that doesn't matter to me as I will be running push/pull on a 120mm AIO that will be cooling a 2.4ghz 10 core Broadwell. It's not known for being hot, especially at the clocks it runs at.

Overall? very happy. The hub thing is a real bonus, it means you literally need one single Molex to power the whole lot. I saw a video of these running side by side with Corsair Maglevs, and tbh? you would be hard pushed to pick them out. Until, of course, the Corsairs light up in the centre, which these don't.

Old 03-01-19, 11:16 AM
OC3D Elite

The white and violet seem pretty decent colours. Much better than the Corsair RGB. Othercolours though look a little too bright for me. Could be camera enhancement though, hard to say.

Are the blade diameters smaller due to the RGB ring, like the LL120s from Corsair? That was a big turn off for the LL series when I saw that.
Old 03-01-19, 11:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah one thing I know is that it is practically impossible to shoot LEDs with a camera. Any camera. Not sure about the blades, will measure up in a minute 'cause two tubes of thermal paste have just arrived meaning I can finally board swap.. so it's full build today. I will measure them up against the fans that come out

ED. These fans are EPIC.

As you can see it's still very much a work in progress and I have quite a bit left to do. But they are really nice. The only downside I can think of thus far is that they will only work with the controller. So any left over? yeah, you won't be using those in another rig. Not that it matters. The one I have left will become a spare. That's why I said WIP, because I forgot to bring over the magnets that hold in the top fan (there should be three in the front).

Will measure them up in a bit, though I suspect the blade OD may be smaller than other fans. They do shift quite a bit of air as I can feel it as I am typing this, but are not fantastic for SP as there isn't much coming out of the rad.

I think I am going to leave them at full pelt, given I spend most of my life with headphones on. The GPU goes absolutely bonkers once it hits 65c (deliberate, I am used to water cooling temps) so it doesn't matter too much.

But yeah, very very happy. Great fun too, they really lift your mood

Old 03-01-19, 06:15 PM
OC3D Elite

I measured the OD of the blades. 103mm, vs 105 on an Akasa Vegas. So they are ever so slightly smaller.