Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery
Closed Thread

Old 27-07-14, 07:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Wargod56
would it work if we just restricted the resolution in HTML? surely that would be easiest?

Old 27-07-14, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
Thanks for nekroposting.
Even if you have a 100+ down connection, if someone puts 20 high res images is his post it will take a while till you can read it. Especially because the site loads images first in full size and then downscales them. We had threads where people put 50 high res pictures in their buildlog, it took a good two minutes till you could read anything because the website was going up and down resizing images.
Also i have 11/1, not exactly great either and i have been around on this forum every day for the past 1.5 years.
And ty for nekroplying
Old 27-07-14, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Alpha View Post
I, Sir, am NOT an actor!
and btw it is a sticky and as such stays in the active thread category permanently.
Alright then... And I'm aware of what a sticky thread is, however that does not negate the fact that that was a necropost.

Old 27-07-14, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargod56 View Post
would it work if we just restricted the resolution in HTML? surely that would be easiest?
Of course it would. Most modern forums allow any size image upload and then re-size the image displayed. You'd think this site could figure out those things.
Old 27-07-14, 07:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Of course it would. Most modern forums allow any size image upload and then re-size the image displayed. You'd think this site could figure out those things.
If you watched the latest subscriber video you wouldn't say "You'd think this site could figure out those things". There are talks of a new forum.

Old 27-07-14, 07:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
This does happen if you upload directly to the forums.

But, for most people it's easier to upload images to a website such as imgur, and then insert it into a post with image tags. I don't really think any forum can deal with that?

Here, it loads the entire image, and then resizes it to 800 pixels wide, and whatever the scaled height is according to that. It's just the fact that it loads it first that causes issues.
Old 27-07-14, 07:52 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
You have to remember you replied to a thread that hasn't seen activity in 2+ years and in that time image hosting sites auto size pictures quite nicely, So the whole point of this is knd of null and void
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 27-07-14, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Alright then... And I'm aware of what a sticky thread is, however that does not negate the fact that that was a necropost.
And yours was a necroply, so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
If you watched the latest subscriber video you wouldn't say "You'd think this site could figure out those things". There are talks of a new forum.
Sure I would, and did.
Old 27-07-14, 07:56 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Sure I would, and did.
Just drop this BS why don't you? Just stop posting in this thread. Its old.

/thread
Old 27-07-14, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
You have to remember you replied to a thread that hasn't seen activity in 2+ years and in that time image hosting sites auto size pictures quite nicely, So the whole point of this is knd of null and void
This was the point of my reply to the thread, I see that the sarcasm was lost on most of you. This OP needs to be removed as it is obsolete. There, said without sarcasm so that even the slowest of you can catch the meaning.
Closed Thread