Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-05-20, 07:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Just very stable behavior. The CH7 Hero had 'quirks'. Like for months, I couldn't get into the BIOS with resetting the CMOS for some reason. If I tried to hit DEL to enter BIOS, it would hang the system completely. A BIOS revision eventually cured that, but it took a long time. Plus other random weirdness with PWM hubs, Asus Aura quirks, etc. As it stands *now*, my CH7 is decent, but it took a while getting there. The Aorus Master and Aorus Xtreme just never had any of that odd behavior. Everything just worked from day one. The only odd thing I saw with Gigabyte was an RGB Fusion update that clobbered my G.Skill TridentZ Royal RAM for some reason, but uninstalling and re-installing the newest version solved that pretty quick.

Prior to those two boards, I never had much experience with Gigabyte, but they've won me over with this AMD stuff (X570 / X399).
That's intereting, since I can say for myself personally that ASUS AURA has not been the most stable software out there. I had rather much issues with my previous G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory often not syncing up, so had to restart my PC several times before it would actually enable on all dimms. All of the dimms did work, but one or two casually didn't get enabled in with the set colour in the software.

This has happened several times with Corsair stuff as well, through their iCUE software. Now, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with iCUE itself or ASUS boards. But considering ASUS and Corsair now have entered partnership regarding enabling their products into one software, hopefully it will be smoother in the future.

Old 23-05-20, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I would totally agree with that statement above, and I was a hardcore Asus fan boy for decades. They sputtered and stalled, especially on X570. After having a Crosshair 6 Hero, then a 7 Hero, my X570 Aorus Master and X399 Aorus Xtreme have been much better experiences.
I to had the Crosshair VI (great board out of the box memory compatibility issues aside) and the Crosshair VII (I did try my 3900X with that initially, HUGE MISTAKE) before opting for the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (based on rave reviews across the board); a close friend went with the Crosshair VIII and had nothing but ball ache BIOS issues for months after release, my Aorus Master however worked flawlessly from day one with my 3900X (and has continued to do so right up until this day with the current F11 BIOS version)
Old 23-05-20, 06:29 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
Personally, on the ITX front I think I'll be dropping on this one (with no added graffiti as standard lol).

That is a very tidy looking board.

On the topic of ASUS motherboards for Zen, I too have had many problems. To this day I still have bootloop issues.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 23-05-20, 08:17 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

On the topic of ASUS motherboards for Zen, I too have had many problems. To this day I still have bootloop issues.
I had problems early on with the Hero. Newer BIOS' have fixed that though.
Old 23-05-20, 08:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post

I had a bootloop issues on my current gigabyte board for a while, it would boot fine and then decide to bootloop for no reason switching it off at the wall then back on again solved it for a while, latest bios fixed it
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 25-05-20, 01:07 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I had problems early on with the Hero. Newer BIOS' have fixed that though.
I haven't tried a new BIOS in a while, but I've tried updating it multiple times over the last three years. There does seem to be a newer BIOS for the Hero though that I could try.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX