Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-06-19, 11:36 AM
News Guru

Gigabyte releases their Aorus NVMe Gen4 5,000MB/s SSD

A 500GB version has also been announced.

Read more about Gigabyte releasing their Aorus NVMe Gen4 SSD.

Old 17-06-19, 12:35 PM
OC3D Crew

That all copper heatsink will look perfect with my M4N98TD EVO.....
Old 17-06-19, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
That all copper heatsink will look perfect with my M4N98TD EVO.....
But when it tarnishes...
Old 17-06-19, 04:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
But when it tarnishes...
Shame its about 10 years to early for an M.2 drive...

Everyone else is moving into RGB and mono colours while you want to go back to 1999. Paint it, coat it, put an RGB on it, take off the heatsink or do something, that design doesn't match anything else you sell, or anybody else for that matter so why go with that colour scheme?
Old 17-06-19, 07:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Shame its about 10 years to early for an M.2 drive...

Everyone else is moving into RGB and mono colours while you want to go back to 1999. Paint it, coat it, put an RGB on it, take off the heatsink or do something, that design doesn't match anything else you sell, or anybody else for that matter so why go with that colour scheme?
I would still take this block over the rest of the s**t they release now. Copper does look quite beautiful when polished. As does Nickel. I know i sound like a broken record, but all these RGB things just make me think of such immaturity I am shocked some users on these forums are obsessed over it.

It is all personal preference in the end. And I do poke fun at people, *cough DICE!* :P
But... There is a limit to when things return to the 90s tackiness when we saw LED lights on fans and cases in bright blue red and green. And i think we are there now. With the exception of White, or UV, I honestly dislike every build I see with bright colour schemes.

I think if I was going down the lighting path, I would still take cold cathode tubes over anything now, since they gave a soft warm glow that was evenly spread. Anywhere I can see an LED strip is an instant dislike. Its not uniform at all and always has focal points that distract me.

And this years award for RGB OTT goes to... Dicehunter for his RoG lighting that would be useful as a night light for a 4 year old!!!
Old 18-06-19, 01:34 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
And this years award for RGB OTT goes to... Dicehunter for his RoG lighting that would be useful as a night light for a 4 year old!!!

OOOOooooh shots fired!
Old 18-06-19, 03:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
I would still take this block over the rest of the s**t they release now. Copper does look quite beautiful when polished. As does Nickel. I know i sound like a broken record, but all these RGB things just make me think of such immaturity I am shocked some users on these forums are obsessed over it.

It is all personal preference in the end. And I do poke fun at people, *cough DICE!* :P
But... There is a limit to when things return to the 90s tackiness when we saw LED lights on fans and cases in bright blue red and green. And i think we are there now. With the exception of White, or UV, I honestly dislike every build I see with bright colour schemes.

I think if I was going down the lighting path, I would still take cold cathode tubes over anything now, since they gave a soft warm glow that was evenly spread. Anywhere I can see an LED strip is an instant dislike. Its not uniform at all and always has focal points that distract me.

Agree with almost all of this (not the dice part, I'm impartial) but I don't understand the logic.
Gigabyte and many many other brands have pushed black pcbs, single colour schemes, rgb, aluminium fins, nickel plating and have moved completely away from copper.
Does this mean the new 570 boards will be covered in copper heatsinks? Not likely as it won't sell so where does this product sit in their range? For the people who mobos old enough to have copper heatsinks, like those with no m.2 drives? Or to everyone else that you have been pedalling rgb ect to?
Who are they expecting to buy these with that atheistic?