Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 18-06-19, 10:42 AM
Resident Newb

Asus ROG Spatha Replacement Battery ?

While the mouse itself is fantastic, The battery in wireless mode only lasts for around 2-4 hours depending on if I turn lights off etc...

Is there any way to purchase a replacement battery or 2 ? I've looked inside the Spatha and it's very easily removable so an RMA wouldn't be needed and would be a bit overkill for a simple battery swap.

Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 18-06-19, 01:29 PM
OC3D Elite

2-4 hours?

I hope it costs less than £20 because that battery life is a joke.
Old 18-06-19, 01:46 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
2-4 hours?

I hope it costs less than £20 because that battery life is a joke.
The annoying thing is that the mouse is only 11 months old and I've used the wireless portion of it only for the last 3 months, Wouldn't really bother me if there was an option to buy a replaceable battery.

My next mouse is going to be from Logitech if I can;t get a replacement for this one, The newer MX Master 2s, At least with that I know I can buy a few rechargeable batteries from various places online and even upgrade to a higher mAH if I wish.
Old 18-06-19, 03:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The annoying thing is that the mouse is only 11 months old and I've used the wireless portion of it only for the last 3 months, Wouldn't really bother me if there was an option to buy a replaceable battery.

My next mouse is going to be from Logitech if I can;t get a replacement for this one, The newer MX Master 2s, At least with that I know I can buy a few rechargeable batteries from various places online and even upgrade to a higher mAH if I wish.
Maybe you have overcharged it and ruined the battery. In even with phones, you shouldn't charge over 80% as it deteriorates the battery life.

Maybe months of having it charging over night has caused its life span to fall? Reviews are quoting 3 days of use with a full charge.
Old 18-06-19, 03:39 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Maybe you have overcharged it and ruined the battery. In even with phones, you shouldn't charge over 80% as it deteriorates the battery life.

Maybe months of having it charging over night has caused its life span to fall? Reviews are quoting 3 days of use with a full charge.
Apparently there is some sort of mechanism that stops the charging process once the battery becomes full, Also I had the switch on the bottom turned off when I was using it in wired mode so as soon as the PC went off for the night no charging could take place.

I think it's just a case of a mediocre battery as I've read this from people who have only had the mouse a few months.
Old 18-06-19, 09:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Apparently there is some sort of mechanism that stops the charging process once the battery becomes full, Also I had the switch on the bottom turned off when I was using it in wired mode so as soon as the PC went off for the night no charging could take place.

I think it's just a case of a mediocre battery as I've read this from people who have only had the mouse a few months.
Well you are the king of RMA, so I guess you have the process nailed to perfection now with your good friends at ASUS
Old 19-06-19, 09:01 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Well you are the king of RMA, so I guess you have the process nailed to perfection now with your good friends at ASUS

I've actually only ever RMA'd 2 x items to Asus, A socket 775 motherboard about 11 years ago and their Swift monitor which saw me getting already RMA'd models that were broken, Some had actual earth dirt on them, Some came with only half the screen working, 1 of them arrived stinking of cigarette smoke and faecal matter, So at this point they probably hate me because I have zero trust in their RMA process
Old 19-06-19, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

You are just so unlucky dice , mines over a year old and battery still lasts 6_10 hours with lights on while browsing , playing light games like world of warships