Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 21-04-17, 05:25 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 552
I agree with the rest. 1700 OC is the best way to go. You should go for 2x16 memory for now. They will work out 4 slot memory eventually, then you can upgrade to 64GB. There are officially supported 16GB 3200 sticks:
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16R DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16W DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMU32GX4M2C3200C16 ver4.31 16-18-18-36 1.35v v
CORSAIR CMU32GX4M2C3200C16R ver4.31 16-18-18-36 1.35v

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-04-17, 08:43 AM
_k1nga_ _k1nga_ is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
You aren't betting anything. Basically, every Ryzen chip can OC to 3.9ghz or 4ghz. It is not risky at all. It's your money, you can buy whichever you want, but I am trying to tell you, you don't need it. Again your money so buy whichever makes you the most comfortable.

You are welcome and good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded2 View Post
Listen to NeverBackDown and get the 1700x. Its been proven time and time again to OC to the 1800X and the 1800 isn't worth the extra money. Trust us its the best option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
I'm with NBD on this one don't buy the 1800x get the 1700 and put the money saved towards something else it's the smart move
Thank you so much to all of you. I think I'll definitely follow your suggest! I came here to the forum to hear people with more experience than me I think I'll wait a bit to see what gigabyte does with that mobo in the meantime
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21-04-17, 08:56 AM
_k1nga_ _k1nga_ is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
I agree with the rest. 1700 OC is the best way to go. You should go for 2x16 memory for now. They will work out 4 slot memory eventually, then you can upgrade to 64GB. There are officially supported 16GB 3200 sticks:
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16R DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2B3200C16W DS 16-18-18-36 1.35v
CORSAIR CMU32GX4M2C3200C16 ver4.31 16-18-18-36 1.35v v
CORSAIR CMU32GX4M2C3200C16R ver4.31 16-18-18-36 1.35v
I missed your message before. Thanks! I'll check these models. But as the other said before, will it be smart to go with 3200 memories?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21-04-17, 11:26 AM
Reloaded2's Avatar
Reloaded2 Reloaded2 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 485
Im glad you found our advice useful You wont be disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-04-17, 05:07 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by _k1nga_ View Post
I missed your message before. Thanks! I'll check these models. But as the other said before, will it be smart to go with 3200 memories?
As long as you have 2 sticks and not 4. There should be no problems.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23-04-17, 10:54 AM
_k1nga_ _k1nga_ is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by _k1nga_ View Post
Mainly, I want to upgrade the trio cpu/mobo/ram and probably in 1-2 months update the vga.

I choosed to go for 64GB of ram cause one of the main tool I use is Zbrush and it's pretty much hungry for memory when you go up with the polygons. The standard software I use pretty much every day are these:
Maya
Zbrush
Photoshop
Mari
Quixel Suite
Marmoset Toolbag
Keeping in mind the main purpose, work and gaming on the spare time in the past days I kept looking out for people who tried to run Ryzen with 4x16GB kit and as you already said, the situation right now is not that good.
I was thinking if I should maybe stick to the X99 platform,since it allows for double the maximum memory and it already shows to be particularly reliable.
I'll start right now with a 6800k+64GB of ram with the chance of double that amount of ram if really needed in the next years without having the issue of changing the socket.
Do you think it is something worth to do? This could easily be just a sunday morning stupid thought probably
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-04-17, 11:59 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 552
Intel is certainly more stable platform for now. And if budget is not the problem there is no downside. If you are not in need for an upgrade i would recommend waiting until summer. Intel X299 is due in few months.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.