Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 04:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
But these prices were wrong. Tesco have a policy where they will honour the price labelled on the shelf, so if you are overcharged at the till, the price that it should be on the shelf, you can get a refund to match what the shelf says. My local Tesco are just incompetent and keep labelling the products poorly.
Yeah it was like that in the USA. That is the law tbh fella and if they don't honour it they are breaking the law. I remember going into Walmart with my ex father in law. He sees these work boots for $30. Get to the till $60. Take person on till to sign, $30.

The amount of times I've seen it happen online and they refused to honour it..

I've kinda got mixed feelings about that. Do you side with the company, who made a genuine mistake and some greedy pr*ck has ordered about ten? or get annoyed with them for failing to honour? I dunno man.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old Today, 04:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah it was like that in the USA. That is the law tbh fella and if they don't honour it they are breaking the law. I remember going into Walmart with my ex father in law. He sees these work boots for $30. Get to the till $60. Take person on till to sign, $30.

The amount of times I've seen it happen online and they refused to honour it..

I've kinda got mixed feelings about that. Do you side with the company, who made a genuine mistake and some greedy pr*ck has ordered about ten? or get annoyed with them for failing to honour? I dunno man.
Yeah, that's the conundrum. Do you take advantage of their failures or do you draw attention to it without hurting them? I've stopped doing the latter now. If I see any more mistakes, I take advantage of it. It's only then I think they'll actually take more care, because Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes Stores, Super Valu, none of the equivalent supermarkets here in Ireland make nearly as many mistakes as Tesco. Tesco does usually have a greater variety of products and more sales—whereas Aldi and Idle are just constantly cheaper—so more errors are likely to occur, but it becomes a bit frustrating and silly after a while. It should be plainly obvious when the stacker is packing the shelves and installing the labels that a pack of fruit and nut bars shouldn't cost €1 when they're normally €3.50.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old Today, 05:37 PM
OC3D Elite

UK wise they are under no obligation to honour the wrong price, even AGF's example they could refuse to refund the difference, once a purchase is made it is legally binding and AGF not pointing out the wrong price when he paid for them makes the error his fault, obviously they could offer his money back as a good faith gesture but they don't have to refund anything after the purchase
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die